What a f***ing country

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exactly known for my love of European football. I really went to see England v Australia because like the League Cup final it was an experience I may never have again. But this fooking well bothers me. Even I can see how embarrassing it is to go out to minnows and how serious it is. Being at work I did not see anything of the game apart from a few minutes in the rest area where we have a TV on the wall but the length of the break stopped us from seeing anymore. It was around the time Vardy came on. A mag mate who I banter with told me the score when I was doing something and he told me who scored the goals and to be honest in the time I saw I felt we were no closer to making it 2-2 much less 3-2. Attacks were plenty but no quality to the finishing whatsoever. Aimless I think could be a good word. I am glad these over-rated and over-hyped losers got beat. Maybe now they can see a) they are not as good as they are and b) if things are to radically improve they need to play in a different style.

You are aware that the majority of the French population want out of the EU ? Along with the Dutch the Italians and the greeks
That might be your opinion, but none of those countries will be idiotic enough to hold a referendum.
The Greeks were entirely the authors of their own problems.
Their governance and taxation systems weren't fit for purpose.
They had no mechanism for taxing the rich at all.
Their economy was imploding, and the EU just could not give them money willy-nilly without any reform of their systems.
You cannot blame the EU for trying to help them.
Had they done nothing, people would have been even more enraged.

That might be your opinion, but none of those countries will be idiotic enough to hold a referendum.
Their economy was imploding, and the EU just could not give them money willy-nilly without any reform of their systems.

The guy is out of touch. He has been out of the country whilst the vote took place. He doesn't know what's happening in France anyway. He can't parlez vous Francais for a start.

The guy is out of touch. He has been out of the country whilst the vote took place. He doesn't know what's happening in France anyway. He can't parlez vous Francais for a start.
I have been talking to a lot of French people in Vegas and they say in Frances case if they ever got the chance of a referendum it wouldn't even be close the out vote would win easily

Let me get this straight , what your saying is that in a democracy the ruling party should never allow the population to have their say eh ? Time all you fannies accepted that the more people voted to leave the EU THAN STAY SO FUCK THE EU it's finished anyway now we have had the balls to stop accepting the shit Brussels fires at us other countries will follow and this failed system that has never worked will be cast aside sooner the better.

Last edited:
I'll make a better fist of
Corbyn
Barmy Boris

& plonker Nigel

Aye, eh!!! You haven't half caused some trouble on here today. Can't wait until a minute past midnight to see what footie is on tomorrow night. Give me just a little more time and our love will surely grow. Chairman of the Board. A voice so pure. Just like your's Hank.

Let me get this straight , what your saying is that in a democracy the ruling party should never allow the population to have their say eh ? Time all you fannies accepted that the more people voted to leave the EU THAN STAY SO FUCK THE EU it's finished anyway now we have had the balls to stop accepting the shit Brussels fires at us other countries will follow and this failed system that has never worked will be cast aside sooner the better.

You seem to have swallowed a hedgehog, or at least a hefty dollop of the mendacious garbage dished up by those mega-rich toffs of the leave campaign.
As far as referenda are concerned, I was referring to this issue in particular. It is far too complicated and too prone to lies to be a simple Yes/No question.
We are a parliamentary democracy in this country; plebiscites are advisory and the will of Parliament is sovereign.

Perhaps you might like to write a list of the failed elements of the EU, as well as a list of those draconian laws which rob you of your freedom.
Before you mention austerity, or taxes, or zero hours contracts, or rich tax dodgers, or privatisation, or lack of housing, or transport failures, or failed education ministers, or inequality, or immigration from outside of Europe (195,000 last year) - all of these are the responsibility of the UK government ALONE. Nothing to do with the EU.
And don't swear - it negates your arguments.

You seem to have swallowed a hedgehog, or at least a hefty dollop of the mendacious garbage dished up by those mega-rich toffs of the leave campaign.
As far as referenda are concerned, I was referring to this issue in particular. It is far too complicated and too prone to lies to be a simple Yes/No question.
We are a parliamentary democracy in this country; plebiscites are advisory and the will of Parliament is sovereign.

Perhaps you might like to write a list of the failed elements of the EU, as well as a list of those draconian laws which rob you of your freedom.
Before you mention austerity, or taxes, or zero hours contracts, or rich tax dodgers, or privatisation, or lack of housing, or transport failures, or failed education ministers, or inequality, or immigration from outside of Europe (195,000 last year) - all of these are the responsibility of the UK government ALONE. Nothing to do with the EU.
And don't swear - it negates your arguments.
You could argue with people all day about it.
Ultimately we are OUT, simple as that.
The quicker people realise this and move forward the better

You could argue with people all day about it.
Ultimately we are OUT, simple as that.
The quicker people realise this and move forward the better

We're not though, can't wait to see if the politicians actually have the stones to enact Article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, I voted remain so i'll be buzzing if they dont, but it'll defeat the point of the referendum if they go on to not actually enact the act of leaving the EU.

We're not though, can't wait to see if the politicians actually have the stones to enact Article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, I voted remain so i'll be buzzing if they dont, but it'll defeat the point of the referendum if they go on to not actually enact the act of leaving the EU.
They have too, if they don't then the UK cannot claim to believe in democracy.

They have too, if they don't then the UK cannot claim to believe in democracy.

In our democracy, a referendum is advisory unless it is specified otherwise in advance, such as in 2011.
Parliament is sovereign. Parliament would have to annul the 1972 Europe Act.
500 MPs supported Remain. In the Lords, there is a ratio of 6:1 for Remain.
Not many politicians wish to promote national suicide, based on a vote which was skewed entirely by lies and false promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back