Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were after him last summer, and it was interesting that in January we signed Alonso and Scocco, who we were also interested in the summer.

I am ! I am !!

A physically dominant centre-half who is mobile and comfortable in possession and who would be able to play in Poyet's preferred way would be an ideal addition to the team. What's not to like ?

The price tag and the league he currently plays in are the points people will mention, but he seems a good player, with good experience, at a good age and seemingly plays the way Poyet wants. I doubt he'll cost as much as £10m either to be honest, the price will come down to £7-8m when we put a firm bid in imo.

He is a hell of a player, I'd take him in a heart beat.

Seriously mate, you cannot make that judgement without taking the context into account. He's playing for a team which is 1/50 to win their league and against forwards that are barely better than pub league standard. At the age of 23 he is still only an U21 international.......kept out of his national team by Ron Vlaar. I didn't see anyone advocating the signing of him from a rancid Villa team last season.......or when Villa signed him for £3m two years ago.

I am ! I am !!

A physically dominant centre-half who is mobile and comfortable in possession and who would be able to play in Poyet's preferred way would be an ideal addition to the team. What's not to like ?
it's relatively easy to be all those things when you play for by far the highest club in Scotland.
maybe after a year of acclimatization he might be up for the premier league, but at 10m we cant afford the gamble.
question is if he's as good as claimed why isn't there a longer queue for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back