Vaux new bridge starting in the next few weeks

Apologies if already mentioned, but whats the building next to the ground, near ALS Cafe going to be?

It's the HICSA, Housing Innovation and Construction Skills Academy

That path leading up from the river to the Stadium seems far longer than I remember. Back in the olden days when I drank in the Harbour View and there was chew on after Newcastle games, I'd briefly considered it as a route to the pub to avoid the bother. :lol: My desire to get to the pub quickly overruled any safety concerns.
I took the drone out yesterday as well with a similar idea to you but I didn't really follow through. Got so far and turned round and came back.
Its a different perspective from above. The wind was bad yesterday at flight level. Thought i wasn't going to make it back to the home spot at one point.

Got another 2 to post but couldn't put them on till someone replied to the thread. 3 per post is all that's allowed.

Birds eye view of the North and South sites.

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/xcbGqQdq
Apologies if already mentioned, but whats the building next to the ground, near ALS Cafe going to be?
Not sure tbh. Its a Brimms site, quite a big building.
@yamar1 with an early bid for poster of the year with these updates like. :cool:
Just a hobby marra, one or two on here out of the area wanted to see the progress so i was glad to help. Will be doing more as it progresses, as long as i dont lose it in the wind.😂

Last edited:
Its a different perspective from above. The wind was bad yesterday at flight level. Thought i wasn't going to make it back to the home spot at one point.

Got another 2 to post but couldn't put them on till someone replied to the thread. 3 per post is all that's allowed.

Birds eye view of the North and South sites.

Logon or register to see this image

https://postimg.cc/xcbGqQdq

Not sure tbh. Its a Brimms site, quite a big building.

Just a hobby marra, one or two on here out of the area wanted to see the progress so i was glad to help. Will be doing more as it progresses, as long as i dont lose it in the wind.😂
More than just a couple out of the area mate. Proper look forward to each update. :lol:

Great ferties @yamar1 .
Good to see the scale of all of the works being done. Yet there's people try to claim there's nothing going on in this city. Mind, the same people claim the bridge is now not happening. Similar type of (and source of) rumour that the spire bridge was sinking.
Theres mountains going on around the bridge. Keeping me busy.

That area of the Vaux site nearest the river up a height would make a class location for some sort of rooftop outdoor hospitality area/bar/venue as part of a new building. I noticed yesterday Eldon Square announced something similar that they are opening in what used to be a retail area, overlooking Eldon Square green.

Back