VARguments

Full game going to be replayed? It's really getting daft now.
That sets the worst possible precedent in football. Any idea who’s made it? Was it local FA or UEFA? If it’s UEFA then they’ll have a long line at their door in the morning

That sets the worst possible precedent in football. Any idea who’s made it? Was it local FA or UEFA? If it’s UEFA then they’ll have a long line at their door in the morning
And here we go. Barcelona president is now saying, they will demand a full re-play of El Clasico if they find evidence that it was indeed a goal that VAR could not spot

That the technology works?

I don't know why people are using this decision as some kind of excuse for VAR being shit. It's one of the least controversial of the season.

The technology works. The argument is does the technology improve or spoil the game?

There's also the fact that even though the technology works, the way in which it is used arguably doesn't work. It slows down the game, gets involved in contentious decisions where it still comes down to a human eye and a human interpretation.

I do think there's a place for VAR. It benefits almost every other sport. Football just needs to find out how to use it effectively

The rule is wrong. Advantage should be given to the attacker.

Should be a foot or a **** hair at least. Not a toenail.

That’s not a good argument at all Bernie mate.
How?
It's madness to say someone was definitely offside because someone has drawn a line at the point they think the ball left the players foot. I bet you could "rock and roll" the footage like they do in cricket.
Jeff Stelling was saying the exact same thing yesterday.

Back