Unsolved Mysteries of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haway man, not even a fly by? I hope you went to muchu picchu though?

Yep. Flew into Lima then up to Puno for Lake Titicaca then bus to Cuzco, a few days there then a mountain trek which ended at the train to Macchu Pichu. There's a limited number of Inca Trail places and only two of our group of five got them. Back to Cuzco and then back to Lima after that.

Nazca would have been great but it's extra time and expense - you have to fly down there and have to have a fly by booked.

I didn't enjoy landing in the Cessna but it's a good experience. Wish I'd stayed longer in Peru to properly see more of the non-Inca archaeology.

Aye, I'd have liked to have seen more non-Inca stuff. All I really saw was in the national museum in Lima. (well, I saw loads of Spanish stuff as well)

Why is it that whichever queue you choose in a shop or wherever always turns out to be the slowest one?

Not me marra. I am the king of queues. I'm that knobhead that always jinks in and out of traffic when going through the tyne tunnel.

George Clooney did a film where he talked about queues. Can't remember the name but he was flying a lot and was a insurance salesman or summat.

Not me marra. I am the king of cues. I'm that knobhead that always jinks in and out of traffic when going through the tyne tunnel.

George Clooney did a film where he talked about cues. Can't remember the name but he was flying a lot and was a insurance salesman or summat.

Yes, but what about queues?

Could be mate. But also could be shite. Who knows?

I do. It's shite.

Not me marra. I am the king of cues. I'm that knobhead that always jinks in and out of traffic when going through the tyne tunnel.

George Clooney did a film where he talked about cues. Can't remember the name but he was flying a lot and was a insurance salesman or summat.
Up in the Air?

I'm the queue jinx me like. And if I switch queues the one I was in magically clears while the one I joined now has a problem. Happened every time at airport security and I refuse to even go to the supermarket now it happens so often.

Up in the Air?

I'm the queue jinx me like. And if I switch queues the one I was in magically clears while the one I joined now has a problem. Happened every time at airport security and I refuse to even go to the supermarket now it happens so often.

Thats the one.

My motto is, look ahead to see which is moving quicker and keep or join that one. When it comes to supermarket queues then avoid the middle ages fat women serving as they love to chat, or even better gan to the self serve.

Pyramids!

Present as structures in ancient civilisations on 4-5 different continents that date back 1000s of years.

Im sure i also read somewhere that the 'flood myth' (what we'd know as the story of Noah) is present in the oral tradition and history of 100s of ancient cultures dotted around the world, all completely unconnected.

What do people make of Archaeological items that are out of place or controversial?

Like these bad boys.
http://listverse.com/2007/10/01/top-10-out-of-place-artefacts/

Aluminium wedge of Aiud

The Coso Artifact

Kensington Runestone

Antikythera Mechanism

Dendera Light

Baghdad Battery

I don't know what to think tbh

These batteries (some found in Greece IIRC, or possibly pictures of them) and the stuff i mentioned above always make me wonder if there was some ancient, more developed than we think, civilisations that have been completely lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back