Unfashionable players we need

I think the OPs point was players bought in non top flight seasons who fans at the time either weren’t overly enamoured with or weren’t definite starters. Not PL era signings from PL clubs who were well liked. Dichio and Entwhistle certainly suit.

I think the OPs point was players bought in non top flight seasons who fans at the time either weren’t overly enamoured with or weren’t definite starters. Not PL era signings from PL clubs who were well liked. Dichio and Entwhistle certainly suit.
Wilf Rostron, didn't realise he was from Sunderland until now

I think unfashionable needs some clarity here as I’ve seen Schwarz, Bould and Reyna mentioned and they are arguably up there with the very best we’ve had in the last 25 years!

Whitehead is a good shout. Very good midfielder at this level and competent in the top flight. I’d take Paul Butler at centre half as well. Strong, did the basics very well. Liam Miller another very tidy, tenacious and combative turn in the middle of the park as well, god rest him

I think unfashionable needs some clarity here as I’ve seen Schwarz, Bould and Reyna mentioned and they are arguably up there with the very best we’ve had in the last 25 years!

Whitehead is a good shout. Very good midfielder at this level and competent in the top flight. I’d take Paul Butler at centre half as well. Strong, did the basics very well. Liam Miller another very tidy, tenacious and combative turn in the middle of the park as well, god rest him
Good shouts, perhaps Ross Wallace and brilliant though he was Edwards wasn’t exactly a Hollywood signing. Steve Agnew?

Back