Ukraine Poland and Georgia

poland and ukraine have big populations-a football tradition and the national pride of a relatively recently decolonised people-it will become the norm they qualify-georgia has all of the above but a small population-so its impressive they have

What on earth are you on about? Hungary got promoted, England got relegated.
1st is promotion to the next tier up, 2nd is stay where you are, 3rd is relegated down to the next tier

Hungary came 1st in Group B
England came 3rd in Group A

Why is this rocket science
There are 4 teams in the top groups and we managed 3 draws in 6 matches in coming bottom and hence relegated. Yet more proof that Southgate is not upto the job!

Does anyone have any idea how this Nations League crack works? Hungary are League A yet we’ve been relegated to B. Nonsense
Nonsense my arse. They beat us home and away.
Does anyone have any idea how this Nations League crack works?
I don’t think so.
It was brought in because the vast vast vast majority of uefas 56 countries couldn’t convince people to pay to watch international friendlies. When uefa voted on it I read there were two options for competitive matches on the table.

1/ The UEFA NL as we know/don’t know it.
2/ 14 x four team divisions initially based on UEFA rankings. One up one down every two seasons after they’d played each other H&A.
The idea being that the games would be competitive on a number of fronts ie an official UEFA competition and the teams in each division would be of similar standard plus there’d de a trophy and medals for the winners and the shame of relegation for the losers. Hopefully tables and games would remain close all the way through due to teams being of similar standards.

The national UEFA delegates to UEFA voted for the current format however because it gives a grande finale for TV/advertising money AND a few days away to watch it from their wives and kids in a posh hotel in a major European capital with all the joys and temptations that a concsciousless ruthless selfish social climbing national delegate could wish for.

Last edited:
It's more difficult not to qualify these days. Estonia and Luxembourg were in the play offs.
They honestly should just come up with a ranking system and sack of qualifiers.

Make it a 32 team competition and then they have to lose 16 sides that include perennial no hopers in San Marino, Malta, Faroe Islands, Andorra, Luxemburg, Cyprus, Gibraltar etc and Israel who aren't even in Europe so sack them off as well.

Then with the qualifiers gone countries can just set up more interesting tournaments like we could do a bit annual British Isles tournament which would be far better than half the shite you play in qualifiers. I know the England gas a massive advantage but the other teams step up against us and the rest of them would be competitive. Could even invite a random Euro country each time and do it like 6 nations.

Last edited:

Back