Turning 30

My 30s have been great. Life is a series of little chapters - blink and you miss them.

I had fun in my 20s but I’m happier now. I still don’t feel grown up but I’m a lot more self assured and capable of getting what I want out of life.

I might feel different when I hit 40.

Entire 30's is pretty much the same as being 25. Only feel old when you encounter younger people and realise how old you were when they were born. Just hired a new graduate at work? They were born in a different millennium to you. Pricks.

30s was my favourite decade. Can fit in with pretty much any social circle. Got a few more quid and better job than 20s, can fit in with any age group, balance of youth / experience / wisdom. Can still recover from a big night out or do a few days away no bother. It’s the only age I would go back to in a heartbeat.
Pretty much nailed it. 30s were the same as my 20s except with more money and a couple of kids in tow, which is like having a pair of cute talking monkeys until they become teenagers.

40 was fine too, but now in the second half of that decade and hangovers and 5-a-side injuries are taking more of a toll, plus I'm starting to look like Darth Vader with his mask off.

It's took my late 50s to have to stop stuff . Playing Footy , chucking off road motorbikes about ,lugging band gear about after a week at work etc .
Stuff just doesnt mend . Knees ,back ,groin . I look a bit older each year but doing OK

Morning SMB,

I turn 30 soon and keep getting asked if I feel old. Do you feel like age 30 was a major turning point in your life? What do you miss about your 20s? Any advice for "getting old?"
I had my "mid life crisis" about three months before turning 30: gave up the drugs and trying to "make it" and went out and got married and settled down (for a while). Until then, I did everything imaginable to excess: mine really was your archetypal sex, drugs and rock and roll lifestyle.

So aye, a massive turning point. That was 29 years ago, though so there's still plenty life left in you, I would think.

I had more of a ‘mid life’ crisis when I was 25, I hadn’t seemed to have achieved much after a quarter of a century.

By the age of 30 I had a house and a child so I was too busy to be reflective.

I wouldn’t give advice to anyone but if I could be 30 again I’d do a few things differently. The list could be endless, and part of life is to make mistakes.

Set up a long term investment plan/pension

Make a wise choice re: partner, go for shared values as well as sexual chemistry, ideally both.

Choose friends well, discard those who aren’t really friends.

Stay fit and stretch regularly.
This.

Morning SMB,

I turn 30 soon and keep getting asked if I feel old. Do you feel like age 30 was a major turning point in your life? What do you miss about your 20s? Any advice for "getting old?"

I don't miss much about my 20s as I was permanently skint. Spent too long being a post-student layabout until I finally got a proper job.

Your 30s should be a great decade and then before you know it you hit 40.

Back