Trust-based Tax Planning (Contractors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stmoo

Midfield
Any of you contractors looked into this for when the new directors' dividend rule comes in in April?

I've read a few bits and pieces but I still don't understand it but the "sales people" are telling me I will take home shitloads more cash which is obviously tempting.

Can anyone explain it in plain language for me please?

Any of you contractors looked into this for when the new directors' dividend rule comes in in April?

I've read a few bits and pieces but I still don't understand it but the "sales people" are telling me I will take home shitloads more cash which is obviously tempting.

Can anyone explain it in plain language for me please?

Sales people: help set it up and take a commission slice

You: End up in the 'Big house', bitching :D

Isn't this what that channel 4 programme this week was about? How the rich avoid tax

Aye. First bloke who was on appeared to be selling trusts. The idea is that you claim a deduction for paying money into a trust, then borrow the same amount from the trust itself.

From a legal perspective you're allowed to pay money into a trust and claim it as an expense (if it's for business reasons) and by borrowing the same amount from the trust there's a liability to set off in future. That link I posted had a quote from the same barrister who was on that programme suggesting that the Rangers decision might mean the end of these sorts of arrangements.

I'm just through an umbrella at the moment so no substantial advantages. Simplicity and ease of getting my dosh
Yeah - I'm doing this at the minute.

I did have a limited company but the corporation tax sitting in the bank account was too much of a temptation. :neutral: :lol:

This scheme seems to be giving yourself a 10-year loan from a trust at low rates and then letting it renew every ten years till you're dead, thus never paying tax.

Sounds a bit dodgy but who isn't tempted by a loophole? ;)

Both the company CT600 tax return and the individual SA100 tax return have a nice little box which you must tick if you are using tax avoidance planning / products. Do so and an enquiry will eventually be opened. Failure to disclose and HMRC will nail your bollocks to the wall.

Both the company CT600 tax return and the individual SA100 tax return have a nice little box which you must tick if you are using tax avoidance planning / products. Do so and an enquiry will eventually be opened. Failure to disclose and HMRC will nail your bollocks to the wall.
Suspected as much. Cheers.

I'll just stick with what I've got then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back