Travel clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skandhaless

Striker
Just been to gp to make an appointment with practice nurse for jabs for Vietnam in Feb (DNASH our lass is coming ) .
Receptionist says " oh the nurse doesn't do that now , you can have your free jabs (hep a etc) but first you have to go to this travel clinic and they do a consultation discuss what you need , we send them your inoculation record and then we give you any free jabs , and you have to pay for what you need to buy from them "
I live 10 miles from the nearest but thought OK it's a piss on but I will . Rang the clinic up and turns out it's £20 each for the chat refunded against purchase . I says but perhaps where I am going won't need anything more and we will be £40 out of pocket . They say " oh sorry it's a private clinic and we charge " ( evidently a paying concern as they can employ dedicated appointment booking staff )
I mean what the living fuck, my GP steering me to a private outfit for triage advice ???. Is it just me or are they having a laugh. Do your f***ing job you lazy ©unt give the basics up front on demand or there will be people not bothering with any jabs at all rather than jump through sales hoops . What a fuck on racket .
Rant over . :evil:

Just been to gp to make an appointment with practice nurse for jabs for Vietnam in Feb (DNASH our lass is coming ) .
Receptionist says " oh the nurse doesn't do that now , you can have your free jabs (hep a etc) but first you have to go to this travel clinic and they do a consultation discuss what you need , we send them your inoculation record and then we give you any free jabs , and you have to pay for what you need to buy from them "
I live 10 miles from the nearest but thought OK it's a piss on but I will . Rang the clinic up and turns out it's £20 each for the chat refunded against purchase . I says but perhaps where I am going won't need anything more and we will be £40 out of pocket . They say " oh sorry it's a private clinic and we charge " ( evidently a paying concern as they can employ dedicated appointment booking staff )
I mean what the living fuck, my GP steering me to a private outfit for triage advice ???. Is it just me or are they having a laugh. Do your f***ing job you lazy ©unt give the basics up front on demand or there will be people not bothering with any jabs at all rather than jump through sales hoops . What a fuck on racket .
Rant over . :evil:
fancy giving your lass one when you are on here man! ;)

When I went I just looked on the net, seen what I needed, went to GP, got it done, no charge. Never need anything out the ordinary for SE Asia anyway.
I have just done the same. low to no risk of malaria on the coastal plain and lower Mekong. jap encephalitis only if staying months around paddy fields and pig farms in rainy season . just going with the basic typhoid etc.

I have just done the same. low to no risk of malaria on the coastal plain and lower Mekong. jap encephalitis only if staying months around paddy fields and pig farms in rainy season . just going with the basic typhoid etc.

Basically all you ever need. I never ever bother with Malaria meds, side effects can be bad and all those places also carry a risk of dengue anyway. And as there's no cure for that it's best to just not get bit (or at least limited your exposure). Never had any bother any time I've been in that part of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back