Total Sport

How's he wrong?
Because we've been dropped to mid table by a manager who showed what a snake he is when leaving his first head coach job only to be a complete failure and despised by the fans at the club of his second job. Added to the fact he has also so far blamed players, fans, and the "management team" for the problems, while taking no responsibility for himself. All while having us playing the worst football we've played in years

I respect Marco. He has his opinion and is prepared to argue with the fans to defend his viewpoint. Better that than others who just agree with every fan that calls in.

I also agree with him on many points:

7 games is not long; Beale is getting blamed for many things that are not his doing; and if he goes then his replacement will be another out of work (cheap) appointment.

However...

Sometimes fans know when it just won't work. We knew with Wilko, Grayson, and Parkinson. Beale is in that company in my view.

Because we've been dropped to mid table by a manager who showed what a snake he is when leaving his first head coach job only to be a complete failure and despised by the fans at the club of his second job. Added to the fact he has also so far blamed players, fans, and the "management team" for the problems, while taking no responsibility for himself. All while having us playing the worst football we've played in years

We were in the slide before he turned up.

Fans were getting on played backs, booing 19yr olds off the pitch. Christ they got booed off the pitch at half time on Friday for no reason.

Rangers were shit before , during and after his time there.

Yes, I agree he needs to take some responsibility with some of his choose.

Fans were getting on played backs, booing 19yr olds off the pitch. Christ they got booed off the pitch at half time on Friday for no reason.

Pep would struggle to get our squad into top 6

You're exaggerating this 'booing of 19 year olds off the pitch', and the crowd is directing this towards Beale and the ownership not the team.

The season before he was at Rangers, they won the Scottish Cup and reached the Europa League final, so they weren't that shit.
And last month, about 2 months after his leaving they won the League Cup, and now have themselves back within touching distance of Celtic, after Beale left them in 3rd.

I'm assuming booing 19 year olds you mean Ba? That was handled appallingly by Beale, the poor kid was having an absolute shocker and should've been taken off at half time. Instead Beale sent him back for the 2nd half, only to then haul him off about 10/15 mins later. I agree the ironic cheers were absolutely uncalled for, but Beale is far from blameless in how he handled that situation.

The performances since he took over have been horrendous (Rotherham in particular was an absolute disgrace) and that's in large part down to his insanely negative tactics. We were on the slide under TM, I agree, but Dodds showed what we can be like picking up a couple of good wins with good performances. Beale hasn't just continued Mowbray's slide, he's thrown us off the cliff.

You're exaggerating this 'booing of 19 year olds off the pitch', and the crowd is directing this towards Beale and the ownership not the team.

So they were booing the manager for taking a player off who the fans moaned at for missing a big chance + had a average game?

You keep telling yourself the fans were booing the manager mate.

I thought we were dropping off and getting sussed when mogga was here , Mowbray also blamed inexperience and recruitment , Beale has no Roberts and has asked for players with grey hair , the recruitment has left us short not the manager

The season before he was at Rangers, they won the Scottish Cup and reached the Europa League final, so they weren't that shit.
And last month, about 2 months after his leaving they won the League Cup, and now have themselves back within touching distance of Celtic, after Beale left them in 3rd.

I'm assuming booing 19 year olds you mean Ba? That was handled appallingly by Beale, the poor kid was having an absolute shocker and should've been taken off at half time. Instead Beale sent him back for the 2nd half, only to then haul him off about 10/15 mins later. I agree the ironic cheers were absolutely uncalled for, but Beale is far from blameless in how he handled that situation.

The performances since he took over have been horrendous (Rotherham in particular was an absolute disgrace) and that's in large part down to his insanely negative tactics. We were on the slide under TM, I agree, but Dodds showed what we can be like picking up a couple of good wins with good performances. Beale hasn't just continued Mowbray's slide, he's thrown us off the cliff.

I remember Gio being the best thing since slice bread when he arrived there. The Rangers fans I know thought he was shit towards the end. For the record I don't really care what he did at Rangers as the setup is nothing like what it is at Sunderland. Just as I didn't take into account what Mowbray did at Celtic. Eddie Howe was shite at Burnley.... Doing alright now though.

Leeds was a good battling result which was followed up by a poor result at Bristol.

The team is up and down due to their age and experience.

And not all the performance have been abysmal. Coventry was an eye opener and Rotherham poor.

I seem to remember Marco being similarly dismissive and condescending towards fans who predicted that we were in a relegation battle in the season we went down from the Premier League, telling them not to be so daft and negative.

I listened on Monday. I've no issue with him having an alternative viewpoint (in fact it's probably good to have that) but he didn't know what he was talking about. He was saying that the football hadn't changed, because it wasn't great under Mowbray either and gave the Coventry and Rotherham games as examples - both of which were under Beale.

So they were booing the manager for taking a player off who the fans moaned at for missing a big chance + had a average game?

You keep telling yourself the fans were booing the manager mate.
You're exaggerating this stuff and en mass the fans weren't booing individual players to the level you're talking about or even at all.

Back