Top Tips For Travellers Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? Why so? Could I get by cheaply and with no Spanish?
I prefer South America to SE Asia also. Yes it's cheap to medium expensive. They speak South American Spanish and Portuguese mostly. You'll be fine if you can learn a modicum of Spanish, many speak English well. But , aye, go to both!

I prefer South America to SE Asia also. Yes it's cheap to medium expensive. They speak South American Spanish and Portuguese mostly. You'll be fine if you can learn a modicum of Spanish, many speak English well. But , aye, go to both!

the mate i know there loves it, especially buenos aires. he reckons if it had a decent beach he would stay forever (well and the fact that he can't get residency :) )

the mate i know there loves it, especially buenos aires. he reckons if it had a decent beach he would stay forever (well and the fact that he can't get residency :) )
I'd consider living in South America also - fabulous continent. Loved Chile but Brazil was good too.

Don't leave your brain at the border.

It might sound like a silly thing to say, but I've seen so many people here that have done just that.

Don't go to south east Asia, south America is a million times better. Or of course do both
I agree that if there is time, do both. However if it comes to either/or, then SE Asia wins big in 2 very important areas. First is that it is much much safer than S america - take a wrong turn in just about any city there and that could be your lot. Second is the food which is consistently excellent in SE Asia and consistently shite in S America.

I agree that if there is time, do both. However if it comes to either/or, then SE Asia wins big in 2 very important areas. First is that it is much much safer than S america - take a wrong turn in just about any city there and that could be your lot. Second is the food which is consistently excellent in SE Asia and consistently shite in S America.
I'll give you the food like, though in Argentina and Brazil the foods great just not quite as good. Never felt particularly unsafe outside Brazil though

It's money not time that's my issue. I'd love to visit s America and years ago started Spanish night classes for that reason. But they were too hard. As a vegan food quality is not a biggie for me but I think I'm looking at Asia ad the safer option.

Personally found south Americans a lot friendlier apart from the rough lads in Brazil, you can get plenty opportunities to get to see a decent standard of football that you'd never see anywhere else or at another time, the Inca trail is incredible and possibly worth it alone, there's a huge variation in things to do and see from rainforests, mountains, cool cities, historical sites, adventure sports, drinking, eating steaks and most of all other than loads of Israelis there tends to be a better standard of fellow traveller whereas s.e. Asia is full of 18 year old gap yaar wankers.

You'll pick up passable Spanish in no time and it adds to the fun. Also the beauty of the way they speak it out there is exactly how we would read it. So no trying to fit in wanky ths and ys like you would in Spain.

Don't get me wrong like s.e. Asia is cool, just didn't come close to south America for me.

Also you'd get round on a similar budget apart from Argentina and Chile which are still cheaper than Europe.

Have you been to Cuba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back