Top Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a guilty pleasure for me. Cheesy as HawesMackem but still fun.

And apart from a couple of scenes in the shower room and the volleyball I don't buy all the gay stuff. Just a load of right on trendies who can't think for themselves jumping on the 'Tarantino is cool' bandwagon.

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Told this tale on another thread not so long ago, but it's worth repeating. Mate of mine was Flight Commander (Pilot) on our mighty war vessel. Took the Wasp up for a training flight/jolly doing dummy weapon runs. On our way back to "mother" & having recently watched Maverick & Goose in their F 14 we decided to have a go. Unfortunately the dulcet, broad Cornish tones of my mate shouting "Tarwerr, this is ghost roider, requesting a floyboy!" didn't quite match Hollywood, nor did our maximum closing speed of about 40 knots! We only just caught the ship up about 5 minutes later...

Someone did a 'what they look like now' on here with pics of the main characters.

Cruise looks fine
Iceman a bloated wino
Goose a baldie
Charlie looks like a gadgie.

I'm off to join the Scientologiets.

Got it on film 4 +1 now, the scene where Maverick says 'I gave him bird'...and Goose says 'you know the finger' and sticks his finger up...was CUT FFS what are film 4 playing at. Anyone watching it rewind it and you'll see.

Reminds me I watched Bloodsport on film 4 a few year ago and the part where Jackson smashed the brick of his own head was cut too.

Someone did a 'what they look like now' on here with pics of the main characters.

Cruise looks fine
Iceman a bloated wino
Goose a baldie
Charlie looks like a gadgie.

I'm off to join the Scientologiets.

screw that I'm off to the Danger Zone

Got it on film 4 +1 now, the scene where Maverick says 'I gave him bird'...and Goose says 'you know the finger' and sticks his finger up...was CUT FFS what are film 4 playing at. Anyone watching it rewind it and you'll see.

Reminds me I watched Bloodsport on film 4 a few year ago and the part where Jackson smashed the brick of his own head was cut too.
True Grit last year, the John Wayne one cut the "Fiiiillll your hands you sonofabitch!" Best scene in the film...

I don't get Iceman's joke in the briefing at the start, "The platform for the alternist (sp) is in the ladies room":confused:

He says "The plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room" after they were talking about the winners plaque, meaning benders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back