The Witcher 3

Right. So I've got to the boss battle with the first knight of the wild hunt (in the elven underground place) and there's no way I can beat him. I'm level 4, no food left for vitality, no sword repair and my silver sword is falling apart. Is there any way I can quit out of this quest and go and do some leveling up?

I am level 5 and have only just started around Velen...so you must me missing loads of stuff!

go kill some wolves and gather the meat and livers!

find as many of the standing stones as you can...I levelled my quick attack right up to 25% extra damage early on using the bonus skill points they added

at the moment I have extra vitality, bonus quick attack and 25% extra crossbow damaged assigned to my 3 open skill slots..as long as I keep moving I can kill things up to level 10!

Just done the first bit as Ciri, loving it so far. Never really been one for RPGs that are this intense, easy to get lost in the menus and levelling up etc but I think I am getting there.

Not enjoying this so far (though I have only played around an hour)- it may just be a little too much all the crafting, upgrading etc in the menus.
I'll keep going with it.

Surely you can get out of it. For future reference though with games like this always have multiple saves so you can go back if you fuck up.
Yeah, I get that now. My only save is in this f***ing dungeon just before I fight the boss who I can't kill. If I can't do it tonight I'm gonna start the game again. I've only put about 4 hours in I think.

Yeah, I get that now. My only save is in this f***ing dungeon just before I fight the boss who I can't kill. If I can't do it tonight I'm gonna start the game again. I've only put about 4 hours in I think.
How far behind am I? Just had an audience with the emperor after killing the griffin and Yennefer has fucked off again. I've done quite a few side quests like which might be why I'm not as far

How far behind am I? Just had an audience with the emperor after killing the griffin and Yennefer has fucked off again. I've done quite a few side quests like which might be why I'm not as far
It's the next stage in the story quest mate.

Well that was easy. Just changed the difficulty to 'piece of piss' and chopped him up.

Last edited:
Going to get this but I have never played the first two, will this be much of a problem for me with regards to understanding the storyline?

There is a bug with this (I'm on xbox) where when you try to save there's a message saying cannot save right now, if you get this just turnoff and reset because any progress will not be saved..... I persevered thinking that it would let me save further down the line....it didn't so lost an hours worth of play!

It's the next stage in the story quest mate.

Well that was easy. Just changed the difficulty to 'piece of piss' and chopped him up.

Do you not have the Swallow potion? There was a sidquest in the Orchard that teaches you to make it. It's a healing potion that is quite powerful. I know you've beat that Wild Hunt geezer now but if you just keep Quen up and use potions he was a piece of piss.

I might be in the minority here, but I love the combat on this game

And I loved the long battle with the griffin I had (might have been long because I'm shit, but I still loved how long it took compared to Skyrim)

I might be in the minority here, but I love the combat on this game

And I loved the long battle with the griffin I had (might have been long because I'm shit, but I still loved how long it took compared to Skyrim)
I find I'm just hammering square and hoping for the best. I'm really shit at these games though.

Back