The Poyet Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Gains

Winger
I'm becoming more and more impressed with this guy. The way he has put his philosophy onto our team, the way we are playing and the few players he has brought in, really suggest we could be on to something.

For the first time, in a long time, we have a footballing identity, a plan, a specific way to approach the game and its paying dividends and credit has to go to Poyet, as 3/4 managers have failed to get out of our players what Poyet has.

Give the Cup final against City a good go, give a good account of ourselves in the FA cup and above all survive, with that I'll be a very happy man and with a few more signings in the summer who will 'buy' into Poyets system, its onwards and upwards.

Happy Hugh.

I'm f***ing ecstatic, the Gus bus is motoring like a good un these days, nearly breaking speed limits and all kinds of shit ;):lol:

Best manager to ever come here in a long time.

Has ousted the achievements of decades worth of previous managers.

Nobody, not even Peter Reid ever got a double over the mags and got to wembley... ON THE SAME SEASON.

Keep garn like this we'll end up winning 2 cups and getting in Europe, a nar a nar getting ahead of mesell but haway we played great.

Best manager to ever come here in a long time.

Has ousted the achievements of decades worth of previous managers.

Nobody, not even Peter Reid ever got a double over the mags or got to wembley...
It's the manor in which he did it. He is building a system and a style of play. It's the best passing football I have seen sunderland play in my lifetime. It oozes class. :cool:

Not booting the ball upfield is a major achievement in itself.

Just shows what we've been lacking in the past. Its fantastic to have a manager who has a good tactical knowledge and a rigid 'style' of how he wants his team to play. He then buys players who will suit his system, simple but very effective!

The acid test is to play well aqt home, dominate, score goals and win convincingly - I am sure he will do this - we now have a balanced team and cover as well.

Oh - and a special mention for Bardo - proud of you lad - you fell down, got up dusted yourself down and have become a magnicent player - a good man!

It's the manor in which he did it. He is building a system and a style of play. It's the best passing football I have seen sunderland play in my lifetime. It oozes class. :cool:

Not booting the ball upfield is a major achievement in itself.

Swansea with an end result. It's lovely to watch.

I'm becoming more and more impressed with this guy. The way he has put his philosophy onto our team, the way we are playing and the few players he has brought in, really suggest we could be on to something.

For the first time, in a long time, we have a footballing identity, a plan, a specific way to approach the game and its paying dividends and credit has to go to Poyet, as 3/4 managers have failed to get out of our players what Poyet has.

Give the Cup final against City a good go, give a good account of ourselves in the FA cup and above all survive, with that I'll be a very happy man and with a few more signings in the summer who will 'buy' into Poyets system, its onwards and upwards.

Happy Hugh.

This is it for me. All the tosspots who were saying there's a "rotten core of lazy cry-babies" an "old guard" who got 3 managers the sack are wrong. 3 crap managers got themselves the sack.

This is it for me. All the tosspots who were saying there's a "rotten core of lazy cry-babies" an "old guard" who got 3 managers the sack are wrong. 3 crap managers got themselves the sack.

I'm not so sure. They may be performing but at the end of the day they're going to be the first out the door when recruitment begins in haste.

In the second half of the Roy Keane promotion season we played good quality football. We are now playing the same quality but in a one of the best leagues in the world. The man's a genius. I'll love him till he leaves us :)

I'm not so sure. They may be performing but at the end of the day they're going to be the first out the door when recruitment begins in haste.

Wether they go at the end of the season or not isn't my point. You don't think a bunch of average plodders are playing to the best of their ability under Poyet, something which the previous 3 managers couldn't do and therefore got the boot?

Wether they go at the end of the season or not isn't my point. You don't think a bunch of average plodders are playing to the best of their ability under Poyet, something which the previous 3 managers couldn't do and therefore got the boot?

I think a lot of the average plodders are benched.

Poyet has a game plan.

Anyway, now's not the time to bitch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back