The Hundred 2024

Much as I hate the bloke, that's just f***ing ridiculous and hopefully another nail in the coffin. A big name wanting to play on the cheap and they turn him down? Arrogant tossers :lol:

Much as I hate the bloke, that's just f***ing ridiculous and hopefully another nail in the coffin. A big name wanting to play on the cheap and they turn him down? Arrogant tossers :lol:
Yep only one of the best T20 players ever.

I thought this was the type of star they were trying to attract. Clearly not.

Payday for county players seems to be what this competition is.

Be interesting to see how the calibre of player in the American cricket will be in comparison.

Last edited:
They talk about making this one of the biggest competitions in the world, yet the likes of Babar, Warner and Williamson go unsold whilst a London team selects Hetmyer as their 'star' overseas and the Leeds side have Aussie reserves (Matthew Short and Daniel Sams) as two of their three overseas.

The overseas players in the hundred this year are no better than the ones the counties will be bringing over for the blast

delighted for Clarky
thought he deserved a wildcard pick the last 2 years. was injury cover last year, looks like he's a replacement for Lyth at the top order, hope he has good year
Also not sure if he's injured but im sure i read Woody didnt even have a reserve price an no one picked him up? World Cup winner and one of the fastest bowlers in world???

Last edited:
I suspect England didn’t want him playing. I’m not sure he’s even played a game in the hundred to date anyway.
Covid had a part in that/it's a micky mouse competition unable to attract the best players

Finally have some big fish like Warner nibbling and hand out 100k package to the likes of Raza and Walters instead :lol:

Third highest IPL run scorer would have been the biggest player it has had so far. Even if he is detestable wanker.

Last edited:
I suspect England didn’t want him playing. I’m not sure he’s even played a game in the hundred to date anyway.
Should have nowt to do with it (not least because he's retired from internationals anyway). You never had the BCCI saying he couldn't play in their brand

Last edited:
That could be part of it too like

Superchargers looks a decent bowling attack on paper

Stokes (if he ever plays)
Topley
Carse
Potts
Rashid
Parkinson
I'd be surprised if Parkinson and Potts play much.

Rashid/Short/Carse/Topley/Sams imagine that would be their first choice attack.

Hopefully Robinson gets a go this year instead of carrying drinks the entire tournament. Clark looks to be their Lyth replacement so bodes well for him.

Durham losing 6/7 players to this crap(hopefully no more via wildcard/injury replacement). Cheers Marcus North the bloke in charge of the Northern Popchips stealing 5 of them.

As much as happy the guys making some money. Should he not prefer Durham to win the One Day Cup?

Last edited:
Covid had a part in that/it's a micky mouse competition unable to attract the best players

Finally have some big fish like Warner nibbling and hand out 100k package to the likes of Raza and Walters instead :lol:

Third highest IPL run scorer would have been the biggest player it has had so far. Even if he is detestable wanker.

None of the players signed up appear to be a step up in quality from those who’d sign up for the Blast

Back