The European Football Thread 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napoli were sensational today. I just wonder if they can challenge Juve if they get Milik and a couple of others back from injuries.

Been a Torino "fan" since the C4 days. Didn't realise they've been as big a shambles as us for almost as long. There was a couple of first gen Italian kids from a Torino supporting family used to get in my auld east London local. Jesus Christ they hate Juve and I mean hate.
I was supposed to go to a preseason friendly with em at Fulham. I even bought a shirt on ebay But got my days mixed up. Their dad thought the sun shone out of my arse once he saw the pic of me wearing it.
Ha way Torro

Valencia in a relegation battle! The club had to release a statement today to appease fans after some turned up at the training ground and vandalised some cars. Another defeat yesterday to Real Sociedad.

A huge week for Roma and the title race as a whole. At home to Milan tonight then away at Juve on Saturday, both of these are the sort of games that Roma normally fuck up but hopefully that'll change.

Roma have been crap and that's exactly what they needed. Great goal.

Been a Torino "fan" since the C4 days. Didn't realise they've been as big a shambles as us for almost as long. There was a couple of first gen Italian kids from a Torino supporting family used to get in my auld east London local. Jesus Christ they hate Juve and I mean hate.
I was supposed to go to a preseason friendly with em at Fulham. I even bought a shirt on ebay But got my days mixed up. Their dad thought the sun shone out of my arse once he saw the pic of me wearing it.
Ha way Torro

After reading the book Calcio by John Foot, I was fascinated with Torino, specifically the Grande Torino era before the Superga disaster. The history of football would have been entirely different if not for that crash. It could easily have been Torino rather than Real Madrid dominating European football in the 50's. For one Italian international match shortly before the crash, all 10 outfield players for Italy were Torinese. The Torino keeper was Italy's long term number 1, but they left him on the bench that day. The blizzard did an interesting piece on their manager Erbstein as well. A Hungarian-Jew who had to leave Italy during the war and returned after to manage the great team.

They are a truly historical team and it would be brilliant to see them challenge for a scudetto again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back