The Back Page

Fantastic geordie banter

Half the things are about us

Logon or register to see this image

image hosting
It sorta runs out of ideas as you read down..
First one...Yea can see the funny side...If a little ironic if they f.ook it up having a state owner
Then theres a "Sign post"
Then theres one that every town in the country has
Then summat about "chips" that has to be explained to every f.ucker
Then..another sign post.
Now I'm no Charles Dickens.....but I reckon it could have been done better...

Where does it even come from? What does it mean?

Saying that Mags only have one top that they wear every day of their lives and it's their NUFC shirt, and they always have stains on them because they don't wash.

Yous are absolutely obsessed with wearing your replica shirts and it's funny as fuck, I just think that gag could be much better executed.

I've told this story before but I used to go out with a lass who would lap this short of stuff up, despite the fact that she lived in Islington and I was the only person from the northeast she knew down here.

Her flat was kitted out in Angel of the North prints, framed Mag tops, drinks coasters with the Tyne bridge on them, there was a 'Geordie 10 commandments' hanging up in the bog.

I'm pretty sure she fetishised me because she would often say stuff about her da would gan leet if she knew she was bucking a Mackem. Sacked that one off very quickly.

You’re often the subject of interesting fetishes you mind.

Is that the place in the metro centre? It’s a lifting little dump.

Used to be canny when I was younger. Used to pick up old football programmes cheap, plus had a fair amount of Sunderland and Boro stuff as well, and had a lot of NFL merchandise you couldn't easily find pre-internet

Basically sells tat now. They had loads of "unofficial" Newcastle Merchandise in the window last time I passed it. Including hilarious flags which had the old Batman logo with the Batman text replaced with Botman, and a Peroni flag which was Tonali instead.

Not to mention the "You'll never beat Dan Burn" one.

Fantastic geordie banter

Half the things are about us

Logon or register to see this image

image hosting
I suggest Mackems buy them...and edit it accordingly

First 3 words on first sign
The last time
First word 4th sign
Geordies
last 3 words first sign
Played in Europe
Second line down on 5th sign