The Apprentice 2024

I do think the show was better when they were competing for a job rather than investment. While out of the two I think the best candidate won, clearly the best business didn’t and honestly think Phil will be pleased down the line he didn’t give up 50% of his business.

And Sugar said the online section was mistake :lol:

To be fair, I don't get why anyone would buy pies online, especially at £5 each. I could think of about 20 local places which are all pretty much nearly half that price and they're actually fresh, not sitting in a van from Sussex.

To be fair, I don't get why anyone would buy pies online, especially at £5 each. I could think of about 20 local places which are all pretty much nearly half that price and they're actually fresh, not sitting in a van from Sussex.
You’d be shocked how much being on tv/social media creates a desire to use something. I often see a bakery in leeds that sells a chocolate cake twice a week and it sells out within 5 minutes.

Phil’s website was down for a good while after the show especially the ordering section of it

You’d be shocked how much being on tv/social media creates a desire to use something. I often see a bakery in leeds that sells a chocolate cake twice a week and it sells out within 5 minutes.

Phil’s website was down for a good while after the show especially the ordering section of it

Aye that's true mind, I just meant in general to be fair there rather than him in particular. Not for me, rather go to my local butcher and give them the money instead. Seems like they've always been that expensive aswell, so god knows what they were cracking on about the pies being too cheap. They'd go bust that price up here unless it was in some touristy place where there's always idiots around.

While I do agree with that, I think the NE is spoiled in many ways that we do have a lot of very good farm shops and things like pie shops. Most rural places do and even if you are in the centre of Sunderland or Newcastle you don't have to go far.

But if you are in a big city like Birmingham any quality local "artisan" pie shop is going to be very expensive, probably a similar price to what Phil charges. There will be a market for it, especially with all the publicity he's had

Last Christmas it amazed me that you could buy bottles of real ale delivered direct from breweries, dispite the fact that there's loads of local breweries doing similar that supply local shops

While I do agree with that, I think the NE is spoiled in many ways that we do have a lot of very good farm shops and things like pie shops. Most rural places do and even if you are in the centre of Sunderland or Newcastle you don't have to go far.

But if you are in a big city like Birmingham any quality local "artisan" pie shop is going to be very expensive, probably a similar price to what Phil charges. There will be a market for it, especially with all the publicity he's had

Last Christmas it amazed me that you could buy bottles of real ale delivered direct from breweries, dispite the fact that there's loads of local breweries doing similar that supply local shops
you have the farm shops of Penshaw, Homer Hill and Mainsgill which all serve good hearty pies. They are more expensive than the like of Greggs or in-store bakery but the quality is so much better. There is also the farmers markets to visit and buy good quality. I do agree the issue is travel as transport is needed for the 3 ive mentioned and farmers markets are varied and depends where you live. I prefer to pay for quality over quantity.
As for the beer, I used to love, the beer in the bag you could buy during the pandemic but generally they were too big for me as I only have 1 pint a night. The mini kegs I tend to get 2 or 3 pints of good stuff and the rest is hitty missy and goes flat quite quickly.

Back