Talking Angela App- Threat to kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was received directly to her company inbox.
I'm not privy to the other information as I haven't read it and couldn't post it for confidentiality reasons.
She wasn't aware of the Facebook campaign until I told her. Yes I agree it looks like scaremongering on there, but as a manager she has to take these things seriously.
By the sounds of things it is a load of bollocks, but we hadn't heard about it until now so I was trying to help out those on here with kids.
Those on here that know me or are aware of my work should understand how much kids mean to me.

Given how important child protection is perhaps it's important to check potential threats properly instead of wasting energy in every rumour? Also, as people have said, perhaps in the same situation you would prefer people to check a rumour if it was about you rather than saying "better safe than sorry" and going into paedo killer overdrive. Say if someone started a rumour that your wife's childcare company was a front for the Child Catcher

No need for that really!!
as a weary network admin who see's countless emails like this daily in our spam filter, im treating this with the contempt is deserves and the end user with the low IT IQ they so clearly have...

ive done my job for too long sadly...

Well insulting people on a forum is definitely sad

As sincere as your intentions might have been, do you really think it was the right thing to receive a warning, not Google or snopes it, delete the app and warn a Web forum with over 10000 users to just delete the app - better safe than sorry?

How would you like it if the same kind of attitude caused all parents to take their kids out of your wife's nurseries without checking their facts?

Time for a new user name marra.

Depends how you look at it.
Follow The Mackems.
Just haven't got round to it to be honest. I got a FTM tattoo when I was 18, but got it covered up when I realised how stupid it was[DOUBLEPOST=1392635507][/DOUBLEPOST]I said a while back may have gone about things the wrong way, and agreed that the thread should be deleted.
If I'm in the wrong then fair enough, but the insults aren't warranted at all.
And believe it or not "Nursery Wars" is an ongoing thing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow The Mackems.
Just haven't got round to it to be honest. I got a FTM tattoo when I was 18, but got it covered up when I realised how stupid it was[DOUBLEPOST=1392635507][/DOUBLEPOST]I said a while back may have gone about things the wrong way, and agreed that the thread should be deleted.

chill out man they're just pulling your plonker ;)

Follow The Mackems.
Hopefully. Otherwise you might be receiving a non-fake letter from the software company's legal peeps ;)

She is company manager, soon to be company director, with only one person above her.
Hardly a friends mates sisters mates cousin!

No offence, but if she is that senior in a company that deals with children, she needs to buck her idea's up and learn how to do some basic research/get some common sense.
She fell for one of the oldest tricks in the internet book, did no research and then passed the misinformation on.
She should know better in her position.

Be careful the next time you go to a cinema. These people could be anywhere!! An experience of a friend of my brother's wife left me speechless. Please do send this out to everyone you know. This incident occurred in Bombay's Metro cinema (Among the best in town). They were a group of 6-7 College girls & they went to the theater to see a movie. During the show one of the girls felt a slight pinprick but did not pay much attention to it.

After sometime that place began to itch. So she scratched herself and then saw a bit of blood on her hands. She assumed that she had caused it. At the end of the show, her friend noticed a sticker on her dress and read the caption. It read "Welcome to the world of AIDS." She tried to pass it off as a practical joke but when she went for a blood test a couple of weeks later (just to be sure), she found herself HIV Positive.

When she complained to the cops, they mentioned that her story was one of the many such cases they had received. It seems the operator uses a syringe to transfer a bit of his/her infected blood to the person sitting ahead of him/her. A horrible experience for the victim as also the family & friends. The WORST bit is that the person who does it gains NOTHING where as the victim loses EVERYTHING. So, be careful...

As I've said a few times now, she HAS TO take these things seriously. Believing them or not is irrelevant. Safeguarding children is a minefield.

Taking them seriously requires investigation, not just believing something someone says, or emails.
What if someone emailed her saying the anti-virus packages and firewalls were tools used by pedo's and she deleted / removed them all and told everyone else to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back