Swearing at the match

Thoughts on this? Few younguns at a guess early 20s behind me in east stand who are terrible for it. Not just as it when they get involved in the match but talking amongst themselves too. Every second word tends to be f***ing, C##t, etc etc. Loads of kids round us (including my youngun) although we are not in family enclosure I hasten to add. I know it probably shouldn't bother me as kids are going to be kids but . I genuinely can't remember what I was like at the match at that age so ultimately I fully admit I could have been the same. Its awful to listen too especially knowing plenty of kids are listening it. Yeah people like to blow off steam but it's literally constant for 90 minutes. Thoughts? Would you say out?

For me it’s one of them where you’re perfectly entitled to ask them to calm it down, and they are more than entitled to continue to do it if they please. I know my Dad did it to others at matches when I was younger when it was out of hand.

I’d personally be mindful of my language if there was kids around me, but free speech and all that.

Thoughts on this? Few younguns at a guess early 20s behind me in east stand who are terrible for it. Not just as it when they get involved in the match but talking amongst themselves too. Every second word tends to be f***ing, C##t, etc etc. Loads of kids round us (including my youngun) although we are not in family enclosure I hasten to add. I know it probably shouldn't bother me as kids are going to be kids but . I genuinely can't remember what I was like at the match at that age so ultimately I fully admit I could have been the same. Its awful to listen too especially knowing plenty of kids are listening it. Yeah people like to blow off steam but it's literally constant for 90 minutes. Thoughts? Would you say out?
Suppose it depends where you sit.

I’d imagine in the South stand you’d tend to hear it a lot more than other areas of the stadium.

When I was a kid I’d constantly swear at the match tbf, was the only time I was allowed to. :lol:

Yes I would speak up, I know it can be quite intimidating with a young’un yourself and if it’s making you feel uncomfortable you’ve every right to ask them to tone it down.

Is that level with the 18 yard box towards South end. If so I could hear a load of swearing behind me.

It's rife at the match regardless of where you sit.

There is no family enclosure. There is a sign up, but I don't think it actually exists. Certainly not from my experience.

Hate it when kids about and heard a lot of women say they hate the c word. It seems that football grounds any language is acceptable. The family area should be ok but it isn't. Family area toilets lad came in recognised his mate and started giving it the "hello mate, you daft c, haven't seen you for f...ing ages". There were signs up about swearing but just ignored. My father was in the army, worked in the yards, on building sites could swear as good as anybody but in the house or women and kids not even a bugger. The older boys seem to have more respect, Some young lads, their toddlers must use the c word. I sat next to a toilet mouth and moved I the end, he wasnt going to change. Apologised when I asked him to tone it down but next game exactly thec same.

Got a terrible potty mouth, can't help it, it's what they do to me. Luckily surrounded by people who understand my passion for the club. Always apologise when I've gone over the top. They know I hate mags and anyone who doesn't put their lot in for the club.

Back