Sunderland 'Til I Die season 3 is going to be awesome

Just watched it. Slightly strange ending after all the euphoria for the promotion to end it on the funeral.
And no message type ending to wrap it up. Suppose it's a bit strange being that it's over a full season and a half behind now and we've been back to the playoffs since!

But I think I caught the purpose that they were going for, that it isn't Sunderland till I die after all, because it doesn't even end then.

Anyone know that Andrew cammis? Wouldn't be from Peterlee by any chance and about 45? Used to play football with someone of that name when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Just watched it. Slightly strange ending after all the euphoria for the promotion to end it on the funeral.
And no message type ending to wrap it up. Suppose it's a bit strange being that it's over a full season and a half behind now and we've been back to the playoffs since!

But I think I caught the purpose that they were going for, that it isn't Sunderland till I die after all, because it doesn't even end then.

Anyone know that Andrew cammis? Wouldn't be from Peterlee by any chance and about 45? Used to play football with someone of that name when I was a kid.
Don't know him or know where he's from but in S2 some lads start singing Happy Birthday to him before the Pompey play off and he mentions it being his 40th, which would make him coming up 45 in May, and he's obviously involved in the East Durham Veterans in Dawdon so fair chance it's him ;)

Watched the last episode when I got home from Brum last night.

Had already read that it has a sad ending, but christ it still got me. Like so many of us on this board, and Sunderland fans in general Ive seen off a few family members at that Crematorium, so it evoked some memories . Very powerful television

Didn't watch episode. Watched Sheff W bit of 2 and Wembley bit of 3, and even then forwarded past Neil and Dufus bits. So about 20 mins.

RIP Ian, such a shame.

I don’t think you need to be a Sunderland fan to get that moving ending.
If you are a loyal and devoted Supporter from any Football Club that ending really strikes home. Just came across a real decent, working class lad. The type you meet on your travels and match days. That saying football is a religion, daft as that may appear on the outside some real truth around a regular place we go to at set times and routine in a life that is ticking by.
It holds memories and often a place and time to reflect and think. It’s not just the 90 minutes, even more so when you support a less fashionable side.

Being an active refugee on another Clubs forum that scene at the end I was with those Sunderland fans at the end. Yes I shed a tear and no shame admitting that.

Brilliant the way they did it, and for all stuff on Netflix is usually dragged out I think the 3 episodes was just right.

Mind it's hard not to watch and be gutted how things turned out with LND, and now Pritchard as well. Players do come and go but that group of players that got us out of League 1 had a lot of heart.

Would have been unbelievable to get promoted with them last year.

Over recent years I have put SAFC on the back burner, the club had gradually worn me down so instead of away days & season tickets I have generally kept football at arms length.

But even so the passion for SAFC still burns inside and watching season 3 filled me with immense pride. It was a fantastic reflection of the people & city.

It captured the rollercoaster emotions many football fans feel and in true SAFC fashion just when I was all set for that happy ending we are hit with a sad twist to finish on.

Finally watched the season 3 finale, assumed the tear jerker aspect would be just the scenes of us finally winning at Wembley in front of a crowd and going up after all the shit we endured, but completely forgot that Ian passed away.

Real sad ending that one. RIP Ian.

he is. i don't know him but know his dad (not seen him for yonks mind)

Back