Sunderland city Council

I was late one day putting my recycling bin out (7:35am) and I caught up with them further down the back lane and he was having a right whinge at me. I said you don't normally come until the afternoon and I haven't caused you any additional work as I've caught you up.

He then tipped the paper insert into the main bin and tipped the whole lot in. I asked why do we separate paper if you just do that. He said "no idea".
Insane man. Me dad washes all the tins and bottles at his , I always say why on earth do you do that ? It's all goes in the same place to get washed anyway. 😅

My bins are always full to overflowing and I’ve never had an issue with this in Sunderland.

Christ knows what the OP was doing but I’m sure the bin lads would help if they could. Maybe the OP is a Tory
A tory, In Ford estate ? Definitely not. Wasn't just mine mate . Seen at least 6 . Assuming it's a new thing.
Just walk to end of the street and tip it on the road. Fuck them.
That's how I felt. Called the woman on the phone a slag anarl when I called to complain.

I've had my bin stickered a couple of times, which is very annoying.

Now I purposely put stuff in the blue bin that isn't allowed, like takeaway boxes and bin liners, but top it off with good helping of cans so they don't object.
It's the most fun I have each fortnight, my life is that empty, but the sense of satisfaction I get on bin day night is immense.
Had a right ding dong with the South Tyneside lads at the temporary skips last week. He wouldn't take me general rubbish bag because it had cardboard in it. Told him it was a pizza box and can't go in recycling but he wasn't having it. I just chucked it in the skip anyway like.

Insane man. Me dad washes all the tins and bottles at his , I always say why on earth do you do that ? It's all goes in the same place to get washed anyway. 😅
I've seen people on this very forum dead proud that they wash every plastic, glass, cab element of their recycling

One will reply to this post I bet

In fact one will probably say they put all theirs through the dishwasher before putting it all out

I have a disabled adult daughter who is still in nappies and mine is always overfilled. Can't remember last time the lid was properly down but they have always emptied it.

Why wouldn't you rinse them out? It stops your bins from stinking and getting covered in minging leftovers.
Exactly, I rinse all mine. Don't make sure they are perfectly clean but give them a decent rinse before hoying them in the bin.
Seen at least 6 bins and it's the first time it's happened. Dunno whether it's a new thing.
No idea. They did say ages ago the lids had to be down but mine never are.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you rinse them out? It stops your bins from stinking and getting covered in minging leftovers.
Aye I've got a recycling bin in the kitchen stuff goes in to first before going in the main bin. So it would be grim if it wasn't washed and stink out the kitchen.

I was actually really surprised to find on here years ago that loads of people didn't wash their recycling.

Because they get washed anyway. It's only empty bottles, cans and tins.
I couldn't care less what happens at the recycling plant, I'm talking about my own bins. If you're just slinging an empty cans of beans, beer etc into your recycling bin it'll stink the place out. Takes about 10 seconds to rinse them out and let them dry before chucking them away.
Aye I've got a recycling bin in the kitchen stuff goes in to first before going in the main bin. So it would be grim if it wasn't washed and stink out the kitchen.

I was actually really surprised to find on here years ago that loads of people didn't wash their recycling.
Same. Takes a week to fill the internal recycling bins up. Would be lifting if we didn't rinse things out first. Scruff behaviour.

Last edited:

Back