subbuteo pitch size

Status
Not open for further replies.

............all I wanted for Christmas was a Dukla Prague away kit............

Christ, me and a couple of mates at Bede had a mini league that would get right heated at times, and we got quite good at it, with plenty of 1-0 wins in extratime. Flood lights got in the way though.

All us poshies at Bede obviously took it to another level. Never had floodlights like, you superposhie. Used to have to find the right type of carpet (short, smooth and able to hide spilt orange juice).

Santa got me the rugby version by mistake one year. Wales and Ireland teams. It actually turned out brilliant - better than the footy.

We went to some 'tournament' at the Leisure Centre in the 80s and there was all these f***ing geeks bringing their teams in wooden cases and licking their finger to see which way the wind was blowing and that.

The only game that comes close to Subbuteo is Test Match cricket.

Though actually, I did have this class 11 a -side football game where the players were all on springs, and you used to ping this ball bearing all ower the pitch, with the scores in the floodlights. Hellish.

I loved subbuteo.

What was the name of that one that was released in the 90's that used a metal ball and big magnetic bases which to jammed down to ping the ball forward? Pro Action Soccer or something.

I hated that.

think my old one is still at my ma and das if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back