Stoke fans

Well, I was at both the 5th round FA cup game and the opening game and I’d say there was more at the opening game of the 76 season. Somewhere there is Stoke fans stating there was 8000 of us at the cup game (the seats were all ticket and I was sitting in the stand where the roof blow off a week before) but I’m sure the opening game was turnstiles only. So to give an answer probably 15000. We had waited since relegation in 1970 for that day.

I was at both as well. I'm sure there were more at the Cup game but we definitely had big turnouts at both games

I'm not from Sunderland so can give a relatively unbiased view. Sunderland and even Boro are much nicer places than Stoke, which is one of the most disjointed hell holes I've ever been to. Sunderland and its coastline and Boro sitting above the North Yorks Moors both have a lot more to offer than Stoke.
There are some lovely places in surrounding Staffordshire.
Granted, perhaps parts of the five towns of Stoke on Trent are industrial.
But, most industrial towns and cities are now depressing as we don't manufacture much, anymore...

Yes
"Mennim, 47, of Chatsworth Gardens, Walker, has been involved in large-scale brawls involving Toon fans over the years and has travelled to Sunderland games when United weren’t playing just to cause bother."

:lol:

It’s fine to be proud of your home, I’ve not said that , just said it gets a bit pathetic on here people are always jibing other places as though they’re miles worse than Sunderland when in reality they’re very similar. Stoke isn’t exactly Jaywick it’s just a former industrial city which is now on the decline a bit like Sunderland , Boro etc
is newcastle included in the ' etc ' part ?

Cant stand the fuckers, Bunch of wronguns everytime I have came across a ‘Stokie’

They were all mouthing off and looking for bother by the coaches after the game, Having a pop at people with beirns and what not. Pathetic.
Wrekenton, as a Springwell Village lad I know fine well even asylum seekers would rather go home than be housed in that shit hole.
Springys need a medal for being the elite border force for Sunlun council, keeping the shit out. And a posthumous medal for @Maximus
Eighton Banks for me and its like walking into the Narnia cupboard the difference between EB and Wrekenton.

Last edited:
Cant stand the fuckers, Bunch of wronguns everytime I have came across a ‘Stokie’

They were all mouthing off and looking for bother by the coaches after the game, Having a pop at people with beirns and what not. Pathetic.

Eighton Banks for me and its like walking into the Narnia cupboard the difference between EB and Wrekenton.
As a former Eighton Bankser I didn't mind Wrekenton.

It’s very rare you hear anyone who’s not from Sunderland that has a good word to say about the place unfortunately . That does however apply to almost all of the large settlements in the north east
You aren't half talking a load of rubbish mind.

I'm from Sunderland and think it's a fantastic place. I'm sure many agree.
Anyone got that photo of the mags with their NYPD t shirts on? :lol:

Last edited:

Another former Eighton banks lad here

It’s very rare you hear anyone who’s not from Sunderland that has a good word to say about the place unfortunately . That does however apply to almost all of the large settlements in the north east
We often have a pint in seaburn inn and loads staying from out the area have good words about sunderland

You aren't half talking a load of rubbish mind.

I'm from Sunderland and think it's a fantastic place. I'm sure many agree.

Anyone got that photo of the mags with their NYPD t shirts on? :lol:
Sadly I haven’t, but the image is etched on my mind .. sadly . Remember some geet fat kid front n centre .. scary . 🤣

Back