Stevie May

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was getting no change at all from the Aberdeen defenders when he was up front. When he played wide on the left, though, different story.

What was especially impressive was his first goal. Moving away from the goal, first touch with his right foot stops the ball, second touch took it beyond a defensive tackle, then turned and shot into the opposite corner with his left foot.

The second was a run and toe poke on the break but put away nicely nonetheless.

I'm not sure how patient some people might be with a forward who may be played out wide. I suspect minds would be made up pretty quickly.

He was getting no change at all from the Aberdeen defenders when he was up front. When he played wide on the left, though, different story.

What was especially impressive was his first goal. Moving away from the goal, first touch with his right foot stops the ball, second touch took it beyond a defensive tackle, then turned and shot into the opposite corner with his left foot.

The second was a run and toe poke on the break but put away nicely nonetheless.

I'm not sure how patient some people might be with a forward who may be played out wide. I suspect minds would be made up pretty quickly.

Why change a lifetimes habit

There'll be some decent young players coming out of Scotland in the next few years.

The mind set appeared to change about 5 years ago. Kids stop moving south to early and never heard of again. Now staying put to develop.

Last edited:
So why did you highlight the part of my post where i mentioned that dundee united seem to hype their young players up but that they dont tend to go on and do particularly well elsewhere and provide a wiki link to an ex-hamilton player?

The lad Johnny Russell seems to be doing quite well for Derby after an injury period, paid relatively little from Dundee Utd too.

Had mentioned May and a few others in another 'transfer' thread recently. If we are dropping down, its not the worst place to unearth some players, a good few championship clubs better players are from up here or are Scottish.

Ryan Gauld is going places

Sunderland are eyeing a move for Dundee United’s teenage wonderkid Ryan Gauld – a 17-year-old forward nicknamed the ‘Baby Messi’ in Scotland.

The Journal understands that a senior scouting delegation from the Black Cats watched the Tannadice club’s under-21 game against Partick on Tuesday, and Scotland under-19 international Gauld was the prime reason for their presence.

Sunderland are keen to add more quality to their development squad and swooped for El-Hadji Ba and Duncan Watmore over the summer, but there are more funds available to strengthen the group – and the Black Cats want more talent that can challenge their first-team squad.

Gauld is seen in that mould and he has been earning rave reviews and already made 13 first-team appearances. He particularly impressed in the 3-0 defeat of Partick’s youngsters before being taken off in the second half.

The Black Cats were also running the rule over Scotland under-19 international defender John Souttar, who made his first-team debut for Dundee United at just 16 back in January, and 18-year-old midfielder Darren Petrie.

Gauld is contracted to Scottish Premiership club until 2016 but the lure of a move to the Premier League would undoubtedly appeal for a player who is a key member of Ricky Sbragia’s talented Scotland under-19 side.

Sunderland’s presence north of the border also illustrates that Paolo Di Canio’s summer “revolution” is not just intended as a short-term fix at the Stadium of Light.

Ellis Short wants the Academy and the development squad to continue feeding the production line that has seen Sunderland supplied with first-team players Jordan Henderson, Jack Colback and Grant Leadbitter in recent years.

The presence of Di Canio’s scouting staff – with chief scout Valentino Angeloni understood to have taken a personal interest in the Scottish scouting mission – is further evidence that the club is attempting to build for the future.

thats because 99% are shite
This. f***ing hell man I hope no one from the club reads this thread or we'll be filling the squad with lads from Dumbarton and Albion rovers next. Fuck me.

Sunderland are eyeing a move for Dundee United’s teenage wonderkid Ryan Gauld – a 17-year-old forward nicknamed the ‘Baby Messi’ in Scotland.

The Journal understands that a senior scouting delegation from the Black Cats watched the Tannadice club’s under-21 game against Partick on Tuesday, and Scotland under-19 international Gauld was the prime reason for their presence.

Sunderland are keen to add more quality to their development squad and swooped for El-Hadji Ba and Duncan Watmore over the summer, but there are more funds available to strengthen the group – and the Black Cats want more talent that can challenge their first-team squad.

Gauld is seen in that mould and he has been earning rave reviews and already made 13 first-team appearances. He particularly impressed in the 3-0 defeat of Partick’s youngsters before being taken off in the second half.

The Black Cats were also running the rule over Scotland under-19 international defender John Souttar, who made his first-team debut for Dundee United at just 16 back in January, and 18-year-old midfielder Darren Petrie.

Gauld is contracted to Scottish Premiership club until 2016 but the lure of a move to the Premier League would undoubtedly appeal for a player who is a key member of Ricky Sbragia’s talented Scotland under-19 side.

Sunderland’s presence north of the border also illustrates that Paolo Di Canio’s summer “revolution” is not just intended as a short-term fix at the Stadium of Light.

Ellis Short wants the Academy and the development squad to continue feeding the production line that has seen Sunderland supplied with first-team players Jordan Henderson, Jack Colback and Grant Leadbitter in recent years.

The presence of Di Canio’s scouting staff – with chief scout Valentino Angeloni understood to have taken a personal interest in the Scottish scouting mission – is further evidence that the club is attempting to build for the future.
I honestly don't know where to start in picking holes with that article. Who the fuck is this knacker trying to kid?

Edit - not you marra. The bloke who wrote that shit. I'm all played out with reading shite like this.

Ryan Gauld is going places
Not if he comes here he won't be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back