Steve Cooper....

Good managers tend to want to bring their team with them. I’ve got zero problem with that, in fact I would say it increases the chance of success.

It seems that’s a no-no for our board, so it majorly reduces the selection pool. Who would want to work when your full backroom team is chosen for you.
I agree. They are going to have to move on this if we are going to be able to approach and have a realistic chance of getting our top targets. All of whom will also want to bring their own staff with them.
If we refuse to compromise on this point I’m afraid we are going to be shopping in the bargain basement again.

As an aside I’m genuinely amazed people on here are turning their nose up at Cooper. I think he’d be good for us.

Last edited:

For me the best available Manager/ Head Coach who is available right now has to be Steve Cooper. The guy would get Sunderland and vice versa, he is a class act both on and off the field.

KLD please show us some real ambition here and appoint someone who would be a huge improvement from TM, a man who I and I know a lot of other people on here and a far had a lot of time for. He won’t be cheap but it’s the most important appointment you will make at the club, so please at least try and appoint the guy.

Personally Cooper v Still there is only one to go far and that’s Cooper, he understands the Championship and is a great fit for this club.

Thoughts anyone?
There's the deal breaker...

All this speculation has just got to stop man. Its all completely imaginary.

We know its Dodds until end of season - end of. So lets get behind him and sing our hearts out for the lads.

Come summer the club needs to see where we are at. Players we sell and those that come in will have a bearing on the next head coach.

Who knows even Speakman could be replaced by then.
Agreed. Hopefully Dodds can steady the ship, then re-evaluate in the summer. Sounds better than Beale already.

For me the best available Manager/ Head Coach who is available right now has to be Steve Cooper. The guy would get Sunderland and vice versa, he is a class act both on and off the field.

KLD please show us some real ambition here and appoint someone who would be a huge improvement from TM, a man who I and I know a lot of other people on here and a far had a lot of time for. He won’t be cheap but it’s the most important appointment you will make at the club, so please at least try and appoint the guy.

Personally Cooper v Still there is only one to go far and that’s Cooper, he understands the Championship and is a great fit for this club.

Thoughts anyone?
Decent managers cost a decent hire package and we will not pay it!why dont people recognise this?Most if not all of the names mentioned will not sign for us unless the model changes and thats not going to happen!

He needed about 25 signings to get it right at Forest,and not like the free or cheap foreigners this ownership has saddled us with
Not true at all is it. Got them promoted with what they already had and loans pretty much. The signs they made after arguably didn't help at all. Look how some managers with be best reputations in the game have struggled under similar circumstances at Chelsea.

Some people on here need to get a grip and look at the league table. We should be delighted if Cooper would consider us bearing in mind his recent record.
I dont think its that people dont want him ,its the fact that we now know these shit owners wont appoint a proper coach/manager.

At the minute the way the club is being ran it would be pure fantasy to get him so I can’t see it happening. Unless KLD is going to spend some of the clarke money on a manager but I doubt it

Back