Statues for outside grounds for people who have won nowt at those clubs

The Bob Stokoe statue is probably one of the better ones in the UK I'd say. Iconic and unique whether you're a SAFC supporter or not. Don't get many moments like that in football now. So there :D

And nowt tops the Jacko one. Absolute nightmare fuel.

Bobby Robson.
But they only built it to glean off his death, and his achievements he’d had in football…. apart from at the Mags.
In reality, managing Newcastle was merely a footnote in an otherwise successful career.
It’s a weird one for me as he won nowt and got them into Europe a few times…… so errrrrm

Bobby Robson.
But they only built it to glean off his death, and his achievements he’d had in football…. apart from at the Mags.
In reality, managing Newcastle was merely a footnote in an otherwise successful career.
He was doing ok, but not great, so they sacked him. A statue is a little bit mad. Bit like malcom Crosby getting one outside the Fulwell end.

Didn’t Exeter have a statue of Michael Jackson too? Uri Geller was a director there and took Jackson to some games. I’m sure he said he’s gonna get a statue too

Bobby Robson.
I thought to erected it so they could practice their hockling!

The Robson thing with the mags is bizarre, they as they usually do got above their station and hounded him out. Built a statue strangely on the back of his time there, cracking bloke but his achievements with England, barca PSV, Ipswich etc outweighed everything compared to there.

Back