Standard of the Big Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in it's infancy but it will only get better. Cricket always looks better in filled out stadiums rather than the purpose built little grounds over here. That just my personal view like, I'm sure many prefer the traditional set up.

No I agree with everything you say, just I have heard a lot of experts saying Big Bash is better because all the big names as there, they literally weren't, it was mostly domestic players and British county championship players. It is just better to watch for the reasons you state, if Durham were in the big bash, they would do well for example.

It could get a lot of the big names, but there is a lot of international cricket at this time of year, so could be a case of best of the rest, although I hope they do go there

It is perfect timing for us, 8:30 in the morning, been cracking, really enjoyed it. Took a shining to Perth Scorchers.

Big Bash has exploded crowds-wise this year when they moved it from Fox to Channel 10 (free-to-air). Stop hiding it behind a paywall and people will take an interest.

Was funny tho mate in BB1 when that Brendon Julian was one of the presenters and the others were calling him "BJ"

Looks like a poor pitch to me

Anyone watch it? Unbelievable. Brett Lee 2 wickets in a row, 1 needed off the last ball to win, Brett Lee hatrick ball, missed stumping at the end to take it to a super over

Quality

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a poor pitch to me

Anyone watch it? Unbelievable. Brett Lee 2 wickets in a row, 1 needed off the last ball to win, Brett Lee hatrick ball, missed stumping at the end to take it to a super over

Quality
Insane game mate. Love it when it's a close fought affair.

He had much more time than he thought, would have nightmares about that
Only thing he did wrong all night. Batted and bowled brilliantly.

It changed hands 4 times there. Bollinger being the 4th man out and the 10 runs from 0 balls, then lyon getting 2 wickets brought it back, then couter nile/carberry boundaries, then lee 2 wickets brought it back. Super over would have been the just end as nee-one deserved to lose that in the ordinary game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back