St Patrick's Day

Won’t beat last years. Gold cup and St Patrick’s day on the same day.

Couldn't care less about the Gold Cup (I'm told it's a horse race but not sure what makes it special compared to any other horse race) and try to avoid the fake Oirshness sponsored by Guinness.

Will be supporting Scotland against Ireland in the rugby.

Looks like I'm going to have a quiet weekend.

Just a day for making a shitload of money, for me. All of the once a year Guinness drinking plastic paddies want somebody to sing at their venues so I just go from place to place, doing some easy songs (usually just a bit of ska cos it's not really singing so doesn't take anything out of me) and pick up some wedge.

I'm all for it, me. 😎
You sing ska on St Patrick’s Day?! :lol:

I mean, I understand they’ve got bars of people to entertain, but if you’re doing to use it as an excuse to go out, do sumat Irish?!
The finest of drinking days. Thankfully it falls on Sunday this year but for when it doesn't it should be a Bank Holiday
Was your username & profile pic all related to Fontaines DC?

I mean, I understand they’ve got bars of people to entertain, but if you’re doing to use it as an excuse to go out, do sumat Irish?!
Why the f*ck would I want to sing that sh*te?
If they're really lucky, they might get ska versions of Brown Eyed Girl, Teenage Kicks and Whisky In The Jar.
Nowt worse than English blokes selling out, singing paddy stuff. I'll take their money all day long, though.

I might even throw a bonus Dirty Old Town in, for good measure. That'll keep them happy and they never realise that it's a song about Salford. :lol:

More than likely to be out Sunday afternoon, and I will run a mile if I see these whacky massive Guinness hats about.

Chronic behaviour
our wedding anniversary is Sunday, so we're out every st paddy's day (also helpfully reminds me not forget our anniversary either!). if we're out more day drinking you don't see too much, bar the odd pub having Guinness advertising up... but if we're out more on the night then the % of bellends increases remarkably quickly.

Was your username & profile pic all related to Fontaines DC?

Yes. The lotts from Dogrel and the photo is Liberty Belle

our wedding anniversary is Sunday, so we're out every st paddy's day (also helpfully reminds me not forget our anniversary either!). if we're out more day drinking you don't see too much, bar the odd pub having Guinness advertising up... but if we're out more on the night then the % of bellends increases remarkably quickly.
The Anniversary of our first date is 5th of May.
Not something I'm ever likely to forget. 😁

Back