Should Altidore ever be allowed to pull on a Sunderland shirt again

Should Altidore ever be allowed to pull on a Sunderland Shirt again this season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brisbanemackem

Midfield
I think as I have been receiving Dogs Abuse about my posts for months about how bad a footballer this guy is, I am now sensing a groundswell of opinion that he is totally bereft of any single skill to make it as a professional footballer.

But more importantly he is dragging down the rest of the team with him. We played with self belief, freedom and style in the final against free-scoring City which in my opinion was a subconscious relief to the rest of the team that Jozy was left out of the squad.

Logon or register to see this image

The bloke is a buffoon who falls over his own feet and the master of the missed open goal, slow motion step-over and fresh air swings at the ball.

We are in serious trouble and all the psychological good work that Gus did in dropping him from the squad was undone by including him again against Hull. Its really simple in my opinion if Altidore ever pulls on a Sunderland strip again in the remaining games then we are down. In a challenging situation when you are standing in the tunnel or sitting in the dressing room you look around your team mates and need to have confidence that every one of them is going to dig in and contribute. You need a siege mentality and there cannot be one weak link. The players will look at JOZY know he is completely useless and they are already defeated in their heads before taking the field. We faced a similar situation when we introduced in 1976 Elliot Arnott and Rowell really unknown quantities in an underperforming team but performances improved dramatically, although IIRC we were so bad previously we were still relegated. Drastic action is called for now as we still have a chance of staying up. I would also drop O Shea and Larsson for similar reasons as I said a few months ago JOS legs have gone. The players know Jozy is beyond gash so lose respect for GP also for continuing to select him

Reactions: EMG

I think as I have been receiving Dogs Abuse about my posts for months about how bad a footballer this guy is, I am now sensing a groundswell of opinion that he is totally bereft of any single skill to make it as a professional footballer.

But more importantly he is dragging down the rest of the team with him. We played with self belief, freedom and style in the final against free-scoring City which in my opinion was a subconscious relief to the rest of the team that Jozy was left out of the squad.

The bloke is a buffoon who falls over his own feet and the master of the missed open goal, slow motion step-over and fresh air swings at the ball.

We are in serious trouble and all the psychological good work that Gus did in dropping him from the squad was undone by including him again against Hull. Its really simple in my opinion if Altidore ever pulls on a Sunderland strip again in the remaining games then we are down. In a challenging situation when you are standing in the tunnel or sitting in the dressing room you look around your team mates and need to have confidence that every one of them is going to dig in and contribute. You need a siege mentality and there cannot be one weak link. The players will look at JOZY know he is completely useless and they are already defeated in their heads before taking the field. We faced a similar situation when we introduced in 1976 Elliot Arnott and Rowell really unknown quantities in an underperforming team but performances improved dramatically, although IIRC we were so bad previously we were still relegated. Drastic action is called for now as we still have a chance of staying up. I would also drop O Shea and Larsson for similar reasons as I said a few months ago JOS legs have gone. The players know Jozy is beyond gash so lose respect for GP also for continuing to select him

He wasn't included against Hull

No he's f@cking shit, if we have a small chance of stoping up, then Borini needs to play through the middle.

What if borini gets injured, who do we play if not altidore?

I don't rate him at all, but we can't not play him when we have no other options

I bet your the type that, in a war, would be shooting your own comrades in the back, just because you think there useless....

From my perspective none of the strikers seem to be "firing on all four" Jozy, Fletch, Whickham and Scocco with hardly a half dozen goals between them. They can't all become rubbish over night so there must be something else inherently wrong. Every Sniper needs both ammunition and a target and don't see them getting much to play with from anywhere. If there is no real chances created from the midfield what are they supposed to do?

Last year it was Danny Graham that was being castigated now your asking for him back off loan!!

Stop carping and get behind the lads instead of shooting them all in the back...

Don't know what Poyet sees in him. I'd rather see Bardsley up front. Plays like his feet are on back to front.

Do you ever post anything that isn't Altidore related? Just about the whole team have been shite this season don't see why you feel the need to constantly single out Jozy like you have a personal vendetta against him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back