Settle one for me on Bobby Robson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudseySAFC

Midfield
Did our supporters (or a minority of our supporters) ever sing goading chants mocking SBR when he wasn't doing so well?

A mag mate of mine insists our lot were singing 'he's nearly dead, he's nearly dead' and other suich things.

I have no recollection myself, but then again - I wouldn't put it past some of our idiots.

It was sung by mentalists when he was manager of Newcastle, it wasn't sung when he was ill.

it was in pubs etc tbf. ive heard a slightly different version a few times since he died

It was sung by mentalists when he was manager of Newcastle, it wasn't sung when he was ill.

This, never happend once he left newcastle and never happend anywhere near his final months etc. That was backed up by the bobby robson chants at the celtic friendly not long after he passed away.

It was but I think it was just alluding to the fact that for a manager he was canny old.

Bobby Robson was one of the few gentlemen in the game that most had admiration for.

Mind you he was called worse than shite by most before Italia 90

Did our supporters (or a minority of our supporters) ever sing goading chants mocking SBR when he wasn't doing so well?

A mag mate of mine insists our lot were singing 'he's nearly dead, he's nearly dead' and other suich things.

I have no recollection myself, but then again - I wouldn't put it past some of our idiots.

if it had been the other way round they wouldve had teh stadium annoumcer leading the chorus man

It was but I think it was just alluding to the fact that for a manager he was canny old.

Bobby Robson was one of the few gentlemen in the game that most had admiration for.

Mind you he was called worse than shite by most before Italia 90

he wasnt old and cuddly then

didnt really like him tbh. tin hat and all that

What didn't you like? Unless it's just the obvious.

A good man, who fought cancer and won mant battles with it, who put together some cracking football teams, who was as close as anyone to winning the World Cup since Ramsay. Someone, who you don't hear any shite about.

A good man, who fought cancer and won mant battles with it, who put together some cracking football teams, who was as close as anyone to winning the World Cup since Ramsay. Someone, who you don't hear any shite about.

Also a champion of the north east, i always put my sunderland glasses to the side when there really is a top person from the north east be they red, black and white or red n white.

Only remember songs when he was in charge, and they were more to do with being old and senile than being ill. Bobby will have understood better than most that a bit piss taking from us was par for course being their manager. I'm sure the way those bastards treated him when he lost his job will have been more hurtful than anything we ever said.

my memories of him are him doing well for the mags and coming out with stupid interviews and crap like 'yea we hate sunderland, always laugh when they lose' etc. so aye, it didnt make me like him very much. hated him actually. and i remember thinking he was a twat with players getting called up for international duty and that people gave him a bit of an easy time cos he was old and said funny things.

We sang off-colour songs relating to his age, but I certainly didn't hear owt when he was actually ill. There was a lot of good will towards the man from Sunderland supporters towards the end, much of which will be catalogued on this site.

The mags used to say horrid things about Triggs, and he's dead now.

Only remember songs when he was in charge, and they were more to do with being old and senile than being ill. Bobby will have understood better than most that a bit piss taking from us was par for course being their manager. I'm sure the way those bastards treated him when he lost his job will have been more hurtful than anything we ever said.

It was that about being older, ie pissed himself again i remeber one went. Nowt to do with any of his illness. Of which he had when he was manager of newcastle too.

my memories of him are him doing well for the mags and coming out with stupid interviews and crap like 'yea we hate sunderland, always laugh when they lose' etc. so aye, it didnt make me like him very much. hated him actually. and i remember thinking he was a twat with players getting called up for international duty and that people gave him a bit of an easy time cos he was old and said funny things.

Did he? I though he was from that generation who supported both teams? Certainly saw him at the SoL on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back