Seaham car park charging being introduced.

Just seen that charges are to be brought in for Seaham seafront parking, both on street and car parks such as Noses Point.

What effect on local businesses do you think this will have? Will it change anyone's plans to visit in the future?

Don't think it matters, you have to pay for parking at most coastal places now. Not sure why noses point like as that's just a popular place for campers, doggers and stoners

Don't think it matters, you have to pay for parking at most coastal places now. Not sure why noses point like as that's just a popular place for campers, doggers and stoners
I dont think its being tight but if you want to bomb in somewhere quick you avoid the chew of needing a ticket etc.
Reckon these things have a canny impact on footfall, at least 20%.

People will just park at the Lord Byron Centre and walk along.
Then that carpark will get busy and they'll have to introduce some sort of scheme there.
Then people will start parking in streets nearby, which means they'll have to bring in residents parking.
So people will park further away and the scheme will have to be extended.

All for a couple of quid gain by the council.

Disgusting. Absolutely nowhere else in the country charges for parking (according Facebook experts).
Some old codger on radio this morning said he drove from other side of Durham to seaham becasuae there’s no parking charges
Probably spends £10 on petrol to save £3
Lass I know says she goes to f***ing Darlington. From Sunderland. 🙈

I park in Noses Point and I am none of the above.
I don't think it will generate the amount of money they think it will. Will need a lot spent on ticket machines + signage and enforcement too. Probably the enforcement part that will generate the money.

Shame really, probably means less walks in Seaham, spending money elsewhere.

Wonder if the residents will agree, they didn't like the speed bumps they introduced and they went away

Seems a bit shan charging at Nose's point like. It's canny going there early morning for a walk with the dog when barely anyone else is about.

Back