Running Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be back next year in some capacity, one of the races or marshal duties...the way I'm feeling it'll probably be the kid's 1k on the Friday night though

You can do it as well mate, definitely nothing special about me, you've just got to want it enough and put the training in that's all

And aye it's the best feeling in the world when you finish
You dont know the lad whos shoe split in two do you, think he was called Dan Anderson. Crap what happened to him but was funny as fuck!!

You dont know the lad whos shoe split in two do you, think he was called Dan Anderson. Crap what happened to him but was funny as fuck!!

Aye he's a great lad and a good friend, posts on here mate

ran darlo 10k at the weekend, fairly flat course though little bit windy. next month is tees pride m'bro 10k, probably the flattest 10k course around. avoid the congestion at the start and it's a defo PB race.

first run for ages planned this evening
feel fat as fuck at the moment and been eating / drinking so much rubbish
itl be at least 3.5 miles as I need to get home but might try round it up to five
not looking forward to it

well that was horrible
3.6 mils 9.44 min miles
stopped to vom once

Last edited by a moderator:
first run for ages planned this evening
feel fat as fuck at the moment and been eating / drinking so much rubbish
itl be at least 3.5 miles as I need to get home but might try round it up to five
not looking forward to it

well that was horrible
3.6 mils 9.44 min miles
stopped to vom once

Ha I had a huge dinner one day last week then went out approx. 2hrs later for my long slow jog, Bad idea I through up twice in a few miles, horrid horrid feeling

I just have some wine gums during the run when I'm doing a half marathon distance, not sure that is the professional recommendation like :lol: . Mind they do seem to help!

I take midget gems with me, only my fav colours though and usually just pop 1 in at the start of each mile, more just to give me something to stay focused on than anything else

its horrific
mine is acid reflux
used to suffer quite a bit with it when running but it eased off a lot the past few weeks
anyway - had a couple of cans of Somersby cider the night before my run - I could tell an hour after drinking them it was setting the acid off again
it was definitely that which caused me bother on thhe run as despite struggling I didn't feel " sick " because of the run
so no more of that stuff !
still just felt so fricking heavy - im trying to eat better this week and haven't had an energy drink since Saturday ( cutting out all relentless /lucozades / trying to cut out any form of pop ) so im hoping il see a difference soon
once I get in the mood for running I love it and will do a few a week - but right now im struggling for motivation

its horrific
mine is acid reflux
used to suffer quite a bit with it when running but it eased off a lot the past few weeks
anyway - had a couple of cans of Somersby cider the night before my run - I could tell an hour after drinking them it was setting the acid off again
it was definitely that which caused me bother on thhe run as despite struggling I didn't feel " sick " because of the run
so no more of that stuff !
still just felt so fricking heavy - im trying to eat better this week and haven't had an energy drink since Saturday ( cutting out all relentless /lucozades / trying to cut out any form of pop ) so im hoping il see a difference soon
once I get in the mood for running I love it and will do a few a week - but right now im struggling for motivation

I can never tell if you're taking the piss or not.

I just have some wine gums during the run when I'm doing a half marathon distance, not sure that is the professional recommendation like :lol: . Mind they do seem to help!

They're about 50% glucose so not much different to the old runners staple of jelly babies.

why would that be taking the piss? :lol:
its minging I get acid reflux when running
but I used to be able to run ten mile with a hangover - now I can barely move if ive drank cider the night before because it makes the AR worse

why would that be taking the piss? :lol:
its minging I get acid reflux when running
but I used to be able to run ten mile with a hangover - now I can barely move if ive drank cider the night before because it makes the AR worse

I'm the same and running with acid reflux is not fun at all. Have lots of gastric issues and they don't help at all. It's always lovely when you set off for a run and burp up burning bile in the first few minutes!!

Been having a lot of hamstring/knee issues since May. Finally starting to sort itself out (not least down to the help of stride clinic in seaham) but feel like I've regressed and I'm gutted.

Strava doesn't help sometimes, when you see other runners whose 'very easy' is faster than your 5k pace :lol:

Many on here doing the South Shields 10 miles on Sunday?

I don't have the acid thing but I often get heartburn when running and occasionally have the runners tummy like Radcliffe

Many on here doing the South Shields 10 miles on Sunday?

I don't have the acid thing but I often get heartburn when running and occasionally have the runners tummy like Radcliffe
I'm doing it mate, like the look of the route. It's like a big version of the sand dancer 10k in April. Thankfully the winds due to drop too.

Best of luck

4:41 mile on wednesday. target for the year was 4:40 or below but missed it by a couple of tenths. was on the road, and a track would be a bit faster, but will have to try again before the season is over.

half marathon late autumn is the next target to try and nail 1:15. my run Britain handicap just turned negative so heading in the right direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back