Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer is seriously hindering my performance, but I'd rather be happy and drunk than sober and miserable

Planning your running routes in advance for a trip away . . sure sign of a running addiction rob :)

I do it too, really pisses the mrs off :cool:

What about going to an away game a day early so I can do a new parkrun ?
Im down at Wallsall now, before going on to Villa tomorrow afternoon.
The way i see it, if the match is shite, its not been a wasted trip.

Last big training run this morning, 12 miles from Washington to Beamish and back, average pace of 7:26, hopefully bang on target to break 1:40 at the GNR.

6 weeks. Have never done it before but will be gutted not to break 3 hours.
Was it you that were hoping to run a marathon earlier this year (Brighton I think ?). . Hope the training's going well

Enjoy your tapering

*gushing parent alert*
Dead proud of my youngest today, he's completed his 50th parkrun . . all at consett which isn't the easiest course . . and he managed a PB of 26.18. He's only 6.

I genuinely don't push him into it, he seems to really love it. Hope he keeps it up, he'll be whipping me in no time

Last edited:
Done that Sunday as well, use that route for my really long runs but God it can get boring after a while.
Yeah it is pretty much 1 long path..............thinking of a 20 miler from Washy to Seaburn along to Shields and back this morning

Managed a 9 mile this morning. Was going to do 10 but my calf felt really tight so I didn't push it for the sake of one more mile.

That is my last long training run before the GNR. Probably a 3, 5 and another 3 then I'm done training. I'm not where I wanted to be, but happy to see the end in sight.

Did the Auckland Castle trail run this morning. Nice run out hills, flat sections, gravel, mud, grass, wheat & some sheep to dodge. Not in the same league as the Pieces of 8 but still challenging enough for most runners I think.

Was it you that were hoping to run a marathon earlier this year (Brighton I think ?). . Hope the training's going well

Enjoy your tapering

*gushing parent alert*
Dead proud of my youngest today, he's completed his 50th parkrun . . all at consett which isn't the easiest course . . and he managed a PB of 26.18. He's only 6.

I genuinely don't push him into it, he seems to really love it. Hope he keeps it up, he'll be whipping me in no time

Yep, had to pull out the week of the race cos of a hip problem. Seems to be sorted now but not sure I am quite in the same shape. Need one hard long run to try and test the fitness and will probably do that on Monday.

Anyone do the new Tynedale ten miler ?

Was the new route any harder and more importantly, was there still a jelly ?

Anyone do the new Tynedale ten miler ?

Was the new route any harder and more importantly, was there still a jelly ?
Aye, still jelly.
The route was brutal, all hills. . .barely any flat. The uphills were steep and real hard work, the downs were too steep to pelt it down. You'd just catch your breath in time for another ascent.
I got round in 61mins, think only the top 6 made it under the hour.

I'd do it again though :)

Got a Garmin FR 225 on Friday went out yesterday and today, loving it so far, much better than having my iPhone strapped to my arm. Is there an SMB group on Garmin Connect? Had a search and saw two called SMB but no idea if they're related.

Aye, still jelly.
The route was brutal, all hills. . .barely any flat. The uphills were steep and real hard work, the downs were too steep to pelt it down. You'd just catch your breath in time for another ascent.
I got round in 61mins, think only the top 6 made it under the hour.

I'd do it again though :)

Well you've talked me out of doing that one, even if there is still jelly!

Bet my club put it in next years gp....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back