Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone do Hamsterley this morning. 2 killer hills, canny warm too, but nowhere near as warm as it is for you lot on holiday like. Got better time than expected for first time and considering the weight gain I've alarmingly found over the last 3 weeks or so. Completely changing diet now (bar a couple of cold ones I'm indulging in after the run) and looking forward to Darlo in a couple of weeks. Well done to all those out this weekend no matter the distance, doesn't seem too hot until you get going, humid too which doesn't help. Plenty of good running in the next few weeks though :)

Anyone do Hamsterley this morning. 2 killer hills, canny warm too, but nowhere near as warm as it is for you lot on holiday like. Got better time than expected for first time and considering the weight gain I've alarmingly found over the last 3 weeks or so. Completely changing diet now (bar a couple of cold ones I'm indulging in after the run) and looking forward to Darlo in a couple of weeks. Well done to all those out this weekend no matter the distance, doesn't seem too hot until you get going, humid too which doesn't help. Plenty of good running in the next few weeks though :)

I did 19 mile round Hamsterley the other month and agree the banks are brutal. We're you eaten alive by midges?

I did 19 mile round Hamsterley the other month and agree the banks are brutal. We're you eaten alive by midges?

midges, flies, wasps everything. Especially on the near 1 and a half mile walk from the finish to the car park. The forest staff changed schedule (according to marshalls) and it wasn't the best organised of events. I still enjoyed it though and i'm more a road than trail runner. May take fly spray next year though.

midges, flies, wasps everything. Especially on the near 1 and a half mile walk from the finish to the car park. The forest staff changed schedule (according to marshalls) and it wasn't the best organised of events. I still enjoyed it though and i'm more a road than trail runner. May take fly spray next year though.

If it's the same route I done it's a lovely run down once you reach the summat. Cracking views to your left

It's bad with midges and other insects when I run up the C2C towards Stanley due to the trees. I dab citronella essential oil in my hair and on the armpits of my shirt as the bugs hate the smell of it. Don't put it neat on skin as it can cause a reaction.

Up to 6 mile in 55 minutes, that's my required race pace to do the GNR in under 2 hours. Too far behind on my training to achieve anything better, going to be a real test to sustain that over 13 miles.

Up to 6 mile in 55 minutes, that's my required race pace to do the GNR in under 2 hours. Too far behind on my training to achieve anything better, going to be a real test to sustain that over 13 miles.

On my first gnr in 2011 I done 10 mile the week before and worked it out I would complete gnr in around 2hr and ended up doing it at about 1.52 so you will be surprised how much the occasion takes over and drives you on

Good luck

managed to actually run a park run for once this week, did shields in 19.18 and felt pretty good, I had warmed up with a 5 mile jog there and had not planned on running it at any pace, 1st 2 miles felt good but the wind really pushed back on the last mile which I think was canny slow but my watch had fecked up by then as I forgot to start it when we started running, 1st 2 miles were at 6min pace so the 3rd mile must of slowed to about 6.35 pace so I know there is more in the tank to come as I would of defiantly pushed harder if I new I had slowed that much. going to try in a week our 2 to crack the 18.59 and see were I can go from there.

Struggling to get past 9 miles at 2hr ½ marathon pace at the moment. It's all going fine until that point then without warning it just goes into a rapid downward spiral over the next 2 miles until I'm barely over walking pace. I was advised by a running coach that it was probably a fuelling issue & I should try dropping my pace so that my heart rate doesn't go above the "fat burn" zone. Tried that yesterday & it took 2hours to go 10 miles.

Struggling to get past 9 miles at 2hr ½ marathon pace at the moment. It's all going fine until that point then without warning it just goes into a rapid downward spiral over the next 2 miles until I'm barely over walking pace. I was advised by a running coach that it was probably a fuelling issue & I should try dropping my pace so that my heart rate doesn't go above the "fat burn" zone. Tried that yesterday & it took 2hours to go 10 miles.

Take on some carbs a few hours before the run?

Great little club run tonight with the hardly souls who braved the condition. 25 minute out and back session which took us into wingate before heading back to our base. 15.5 mile last two days for me so think I have earned myself a couple of day off now. Hopefully get out Thursday again.

Got myelf some adidas boost at Dalton park yesterday. Forget what it was like to run in a new pair of trainers, felt like I was on springs;)

On my first gnr in 2011 I done 10 mile the week before and worked it out I would complete gnr in around 2hr and ended up doing it at about 1.52 so you will be surprised how much the occasion takes over and drives you on

Good luck

'The occasion' is my great hope for the GNR. So far I've only done a handful of 6.5 miles and I'm struggling to go further at the moment, and time is ticking away. If I can do another 6.5 mile tonight then I might look at an 8 mile soon. At least it is cooler now. The heat over the last few weeks was really killing me.

Park run again this morning (this time dressed as Where's wally for a friends 50th parkrun).... Still not getting any faster :oops:

I think the time has come to join a club and get some advice and the encouragement to get out there more.
ria ? :lol: crackers that lass ! she ran through from gateshead to durham the week before for parkrun! was good to catch up with her - shes a machine

the NB shop apparently has a canny " buy one get one half price " sale on at the moment for whoever was asking abuot shops
also the website sportshoes.com is excellent but then you run the risk of shoes not fitting etc
great value and service though

ria ? :lol: crackers that lass ! she ran through from gateshead to durham the week before for parkrun! was good to catch up with her - shes a machine

the NB shop apparently has a canny " buy one get one half price " sale on at the moment for whoever was asking abuot shops
also the website sportshoes.com is excellent but then you run the risk of shoes not fitting etc
great value and service though

Aye, Ria :D she's been the one encouraging me to join harriers!!

Aye, Ria :D she's been the one encouraging me to join harriers!!
i bet youre in the ninja group n all then are ya ?
:lol:
shes great fun - does she run with them ?
dont worry if not itl be great anyway - wish i had the motivation to get into a proper running routine
its my first tuesday evening run with a mate tonight for a while - it was regular until about 6 weeks ago and it fizzled out
need to get back into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back