Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that good run on Tuesday and felt fine. Did a strength and conditioning workout on Thursday evening that included a load of squats and lunges and my thighs ached afterwards. They were really hurting yesterday and I did a 100m sprint at the bairns school sports day and they felt like they were on fire last night! Woke up and they had a dull ache this morning, but went out for a gentle jog but it started really hurting so I had to give up after 1.5 miles and walk home. Feel a bit down.

Make sure you properly stretch before and after exercise, take 5 minutes to fully work your muscles, holding the position for at least 10 seconds. Helps the ache a bit, but if they're hurting that generally means your body is changing, and that's a good thing!

Just asking on here as I can't find anything about it anywhere, but does anyone know what run was on in Seaham today? Passed a few when I was out for my very slow run.

Managed my longest run ever this afternoon of 14.2 miles in 2hr 12 min as my last big training run before 18 mile at Hamsterley next Saturday. Very happy with the time considering it was fairly windy and there was some tough uphill stretches on my route

Will wind down with a couple of steady runs now on Monday at running club and then probably Wednesday

Just asking on here as I can't find anything about it anywhere, but does anyone know what run was on in Seaham today? Passed a few when I was out for my very slow run.

It was the triathlon mate. Couple of lads I know done it

Longest ever run today. . 24 miles as part of the clubs coast to consett relay. Running in the early hours around rural backwaters like garrigill, rookhope, allenheads. Legs are knackered now though, will have to rest them up for tynedale 10k on Wednesday

off road back to backs; 21 miles saturday, 10 today.
lyke wake race in a couple of weeks. never got a 30 miler in . think i'll struggle on the day but it's all a learning experience.

Would hope so, see you there then. Canny race this one, pie and peas at the end :) gonna be a hot one on Wednesday though
its gonna be too hot for me, takin about 24-25' on wednesday

seems a bit of a clart on parking wise mind with the bridge being shut to traffic they are advising people to park at Prudhoe ?, then you have to go to the school to get your number, then another mile to the start of the race

its gonna be too hot for me, takin about 24-25' on wednesday

seems a bit of a clart on parking wise mind with the bridge being shut to traffic they are advising people to park at Prudhoe ?, then you have to go to the school to get your number, then another mile to the start of the race
90% humidity too fletch :)

It's a bit of a chew on at the start but having it where it is at least means a mile downhill to start off :cool:

90% humidity too fletch :)

It's a bit of a chew on at the start but having it where it is at least means a mile downhill to start off :cool:
aye but im trying to drum it into my thickhead to keep a steady pace and not start too quick, even if downhill, just let people go....

90% humidity... i'll be on my knees by the 4mile mark mate if it is as warm as forecast - lovely weather to leisurely run but not to race (for me anyway)

Legs still niggling on. Just been out doing gentle laps of the field with the dogs. Did 1.76 mile in 20.39 mins. Legs were not hurting as much as Saturday and I've given them an extra long stretch.

Really hard work running in 23°C and not that humid and it's a pretty flat path. Best of luck managing with the race on Wedneday.

In other news, one of my dogs is absolutely knackered now, so it's good that I can outrun a 10 year old collie :lol:

Heat absolutely kills me too. I was out playing football a few hours ago and after 10 minutes I was knackered. A few times I have gone out really early before it got too hot but difficult to fit in longer runs on work days. I have got ear marked to do a 5 mile tomorrow night after work. The forecast says 25 degrees and very little wind.

Heat absolutely kills me too. I was out playing football a few hours ago and after 10 minutes I was knackered. A few times I have gone out really early before it got too hot but difficult to fit in longer runs on work days. I have got ear marked to do a 5 mile tomorrow night after work. The forecast says 25 degrees and very little wind.

I was going to run tomorrow night but decided I'll have an early night & go out about 5:30 in the morning instead. I've been waking up about then anyway.

Came back from an overindulgent week in New York to find my number for the Great North 10K. Absolutely dreading it, having done no training whatsoever and not even been to the gym for a few weeks.

Very steady run this evening with the running club with is tapering down for Saturday

On a related note out little running club has had another 4 new members join us tonight. I have been going there for nigh on two year and then we were lucky to get 4-5 people turn up. Through getting our name out there on social media and local newspapers we have about 25-30 regular runners now with club nights attracting 20 odd people nowadays with new members joining all the time. All good people anarl:)

Off work today. Managed 8 miles in 1 hour 37 mins. That's the furthest I've ever ran in one go so I'm knackered but chuffed with myself. Also been out in public in tight shorts which is mega progress for an ex-fat lass with no self confidence :D

It's in two sections on Strava as I took a work phone call and accidentally stopped my Garmin instead of pausing it :oops:

Progress in total miles since I started running mid-March:

March: 5.31 miles
April: 27.78 miles
May: 22.44 miles
June: 40.04 miles

Next goals are running a total of 50 miles in July and doing 9 miles in one go.

Off work today. Managed 8 miles in 1 hour 37 mins. That's the furthest I've ever ran in one go so I'm knackered but chuffed with myself. Also been out in public in tight shorts which is mega progress for an ex-fat lass with no self confidence :D

It's in two sections on Strava as I took a work phone call and accidentally stopped my Garmin instead of pausing it :oops:

Progress in total miles since I started running mid-March:

March: 5.31 miles
April: 27.78 miles
May: 22.44 miles
June: 40.04 miles

Next goals are running a total of 50 miles in July and doing 9 miles in one go.

Well done. Remember that the voice in your head that says you can't tells lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back