Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 miles tonight,

2 miles easy jog 15 x 60 secs fast with 90 secs jog recovery (aim for sub 6,30 pace) 2 miles at Marathon Pace 2 miles easy cool down.

Stopped for the toilet during my 2 miles marathon pace, becoming a bit of a habit now!

Just checked the nutritional information & for Tesco's own brand the sugars content is 2% higher for wine gums so only slightly higher than Jelly Babies

Down to personal preference. I normally use SiS gels and tablets to add to water. Only use them on runs longer than 12 miles or so. Get them on offer when they are half price online.

7 miles tonight. Felt ok, which is actually good progress.

Does anyone use any supplements apart from water when running. For eg carb gels, energy bars etc

Thinking of trying them but not sure what to go for

depends what distances doing, up to 7/8 mile I reckon there's no need for anything. as somebody posted maybes put a few jelly babies in pocket, or , a sis gel ? just make sure you've drank plenty earlier in the day.
try it out on training runs before using gels on a race incase they don't agree with you

depends what distances doing, up to 7/8 mile I reckon there's no need for anything. as somebody posted maybes put a few jelly babies in pocket, or , a sis gel ? just make sure you've drank plenty earlier in the day.
try it out on training runs before using gels on a race incase they don't agree with you

I have heard a few horror stories about certain products not agreeing with people and being caught short during a race:lol:

Think I will just stick to jelly babies and wine gums to be on the safe side

I take a few midget gems in my pocket on long runs, not sure I actually need them but I love midget gems so it make me feel non guilty when I am chewing on them

I suffer from cramps in my legs, even in short races, so I've been advised to top-up my electrolytes the day before a race in future. I also take a caffeine gel about half way through a half marathon.

just been out for a little session 1 mile warm up the 400m effort, 200m slow for 5 mile I found that much better than just trying to jog in this wind

I sometimes have a small pack of jelly babies in my pocket for longer runs in case I want a boost, though I think it's psychological more than anything. Most of the time I finish the run powered only by water, then scoff the sweets afterwards as a treat. :lol:

Signed up for the Great North 10k in July the other day. I'm not frightened of the distance but I don't expect a good time since it takes place a week after my holidays.

Steady 3 mile tonight after work. Probably have a couple of days off now, our running club is two years old this week. Few of us on about doing a 9 mile tough hilly route round the boundaries of peterlee to err celebrate:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back