Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty eerie like! Be better in the bright nights.

Aye I could imagine it being canny just as the light is dimming in the summer, I usually get through my running in the mornings and stay to lit streets around Boldon,whitleas,the nook and marsden but I changed last night and done Whitburn and the coast road and think I will do that more often on summer nights as some of it is quite scenic

Took a heavy fall on Thursday at the end of a 10 mile run. My own stupid fault. Now out of action, but due for a 35k run tomorrow. Going to give it a go and see what i can manage.

Did u do any damage? I've fell a few times getting cuts and bruises, but fractured my elbow last year falling, and that was my own stupid fault to, stopping my watch as I had actually finished and a curb just appeared from no where and took me out

Strawberry bank hill session followed by an ice bath :cry:
Rarely do specific hill sessions but aim is to do one once every 3-4 weeks.
Not much mileage but plenty of gurning

I've been thinking of doing something along those lines. At the moment I'm doing 1 speed session per week alternating between pyramids & fartlek. I'm thinking of adding hills in so I do each once every 3 weeks.

Aye I could imagine it being canny just as the light is dimming in the summer, I usually get through my running in the mornings and stay to lit streets around Boldon,whitleas,the nook and marsden but I changed last night and done Whitburn and the coast road and think I will do that more often on summer nights as some of it is quite scenic

We've probably passed each other!

Long slow run along the river and then the seafront with couple of mates, last nights beers pissing out of me with every step. Lovely to run down there when it's sunny mind.

Did u do any damage? I've fell a few times getting cuts and bruises, but fractured my elbow last year falling, and that was my own stupid fault to, stopping my watch as I had actually finished and a curb just appeared from no where and took me out

That's exactly what I did. Looked at my watch to stop it and check the time and stumbled on the uneven surface. My legs seem to have survived, the worst is my hand and ribs. Managed 21 miles this morning and the legs felt way better than I expected. Even managed a decent enough pace so hopefully wont affect me any more. Breathing was tough though!

Disappointing race this morning at Thirsk 10 mile. 1:07:54. 2 minutes off my pb. Not done any tempo runs recently, so can't grumble too much. My knee felt fine which is good.

Disappointing race this morning at Thirsk 10 mile. 1:07:54. 2 minutes off my pb. Not done any tempo runs recently, so can't grumble too much. My knee felt fine which is good.
Still well done to you mate. I came in at 1 16 37
Thats 3 minutes past my best and im owa the knott with that, considering my last proper run out was gibside last year and ive done nothing much more than jog with the missus since.
Didnt care much for that double back bit. Should just cut that bit and call it an 8 miler.

Last edited:
Reactions: D.A
Still well done to you mate. I came in at 1 16 37
Thats 3 minutes past my best and im owa the knott with that, considering my last proper run out was gibside last year and ive done nothing much more than jog with the missus since.
Didnt care much for that double back bit. Should just cut that bit and call it an 8 miler.
Aye it wasn't pleasant like. And the water was in the wrong place.

Aye it wasn't pleasant like. And the water was in the wrong place.

At least they had some water. Ferriby 10 miler in January didn't bother to put enough on for even 1 piddly little cup per runner at the single water station. The annoying thing was I took my bottle belt but left it in the car because one of the marshals told me there were water stations (yes plural).

main thing is a good knee mate... bigger picture is the marathon coming up

My knee still isnt right, holding me back a bit now which is annoying as im ready to pick up my running training in the next few weeks.

doing my 1st 2 runs in a day today the 1st time in 4 weeks, just done 6m at dinner time and will do 4 tonight on the way home, hopefully I can just pick up were I left off and do this 4 times this week and get 50 miles done, will soon pick it back up and increase the miles, I pushed for half a mile on that run today and my chest is still not right so I slowed it down and just plodded through the 6 miles.

At least they had some water. Ferriby 10 miler in January didn't bother to put enough on for even 1 piddly little cup per runner at the single water station. The annoying thing was I took my bottle belt but left it in the car because one of the marshals told me there were water stations (yes plural).
That's terrible, the first station I took a sip and poured a bit on my face, 3 miles in. 500ml bottle, such a waste.

I would think so at some point if this is your area for training mate, all my longer runs take in the areas I mentioned aswell as Jarrow if im feeling brave!!!
I live near temple park. I try and avoid routes where there's loads of traffic lights and road crossings so tend to stay near the beach.

That's terrible, the first station I took a sip and poured a bit on my face, 3 miles in. 500ml bottle, such a waste.

I live near temple park. I try and avoid routes where there's loads of traffic lights and road crossings so tend to stay near the beach.

Boils my p1ss that at runs. The York marathon was handing out 500ml bottles of water and lucozade, obviously people only need 200ml ish at each station ridiculous waste of gear and money. Best ones were at Kielder and Sunderland where they used the water pouches, great idea but company went bust.

10 mile tonight 1hr 15 I paced it perfectly for once as I was aiming for that time, feel like my legs are dead tired still and I'm not really pushing at all so I'm happy with how things are at the moment

Boils my p1ss that at runs. The York marathon was handing out 500ml bottles of water and lucozade, obviously people only need 200ml ish at each station ridiculous waste of gear and money. Best ones were at Kielder and Sunderland where they used the water pouches, great idea but company went bust.
They were terrible! Burst all owa my face. Best ones are the mini bottles at gnr. 330ml size

They were terrible! Burst all owa my face. Best ones are the mini bottles at gnr. 330ml size

I'm with you, could never get the bugger's open and then they would explode all over me. Harder work than running trying to get a drink. Hate plastic cups as well. Maybe I have a drink problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back