Running Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done the doorstep marathon on Sunday in 3:26. Second fastest marathon time with no marathon training. Chuffed. Very little aches yesterday which I'm surprised at. I've been taking Swanson fruitflow capsules, meant to be good for circulation. when my supply runs out, I'm going to take a month off to see if I can see any difference.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, had a chance to test it out now...

A brilliant little smart watch. The GPS is really accurate and it connects directly to my Garmin Connect and Strava accounts. I bought it because I'll be doing my first triathlons next year and wanted something to record my training in all three disciplines, this is certainly doing the trick.

Got it for £99 on the black Friday deals. They're back up to £150 now but in all fairness it's worth that price if you want something that seamlessly records all of your training.

On the side it shows your text messages and notifications from your phone which is canny and that.

Horrible run at the NEXC champs in Sedgefield today, had brain freeze after a lap from the horizontal blizzard :) . . mind, pleased I missed the match though :)

I marshalled the run, left in time to go to the match...think I preferred standing in mud during the blizzard to the game, tbh! Hope you enjoyed the XC seemed a tough one.

Horrible run at the NEXC champs in Sedgefield today, had brain freeze after a lap from the horizontal blizzard :) . . mind, pleased I missed the match though :)
I had my mates season ticket and was froze through so can imagine how you felt running in that !! Are the results online mate , I heard Morpeth stole the show

Hats off to all the lads n lasses who ran yesterday

Yeah was a tough run, first lap froze me baldy nappa, the undpoilt snowy path didnt half cut up into a muddy course, the ladies will have got the worst conditions. Enjoyed it tho and only got out the car park with the help of some lads ha.

I marshalled the run, left in time to go to the match...think I preferred standing in mud during the blizzard to the game, tbh! Hope you enjoyed the XC seemed a tough one.
Well done, the only thing worse than running in that would've been marshalling in it :)

I had my mates season ticket and was froze through so can imagine how you felt running in that !! Are the results online mate , I heard Morpeth stole the show

Hats off to all the lads n lasses who ran yesterday
Here they are fletch, aye lots of Morpeth in top 10

https://runsignup.com/race/results/?raceId=27212#resultSetId-18315

You back running again ?

Want to look into starting running, but whenever I've had to run previously (outside of playing football) or walk very fast my shins hurt a lot. I dunno if that's because I'm not used to it/not warmed up or if it's a medical issue.

Want to look into starting running, but whenever I've had to run previously (outside of playing football) or walk very fast my shins hurt a lot. I dunno if that's because I'm not used to it/not warmed up or if it's a medical issue.

Could be too much too soon or possibly poor choice of shoes.

Anyone turning out for the Saltwell 10k on Saturday?

Seems it has sold out and even has a waiting list for any cancellations !
I'll be there encouraging people up those hills...

Anyone turning out for the Saltwell 10k on Saturday?

Seems it has sold out and even has a waiting list for any cancellations !
I'll be there encouraging people up those hills...
I'll be there, not done it before but was expecting a few hills. Assume there's downhill too ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back