Running Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran my first run since returning from holiday this morning, only 5km (but then my normal top distance, at the moment, is 7.5km) but absolutely knackered. Didn't help that it started sleeting half way through!!!

13 miles in 2 hours yesterday, not sure how I will get up to matathon distance. Just try and add a couple of miles a month I suppose, easy as that:lol:

Forgot to vaseline yesterday around the groin:oops: I need more suitable underwear I think..

:lol::lol: sorry.

Is it not best to rest the day after a long run?

Find a good training plan mara. Trust it and stick to it. It seems to be the shorter speed runs that help the endurance more than the long runs if that makes sense.

Running pants are essential IMO. An abraded perineum taught me that.

Find a good training plan mara. Trust it and stick to it. It seems to be the shorter speed runs that help the endurance more than the long runs if that makes sense.

Running pants are essential IMO. An abraded perineum taught me that.

In English?
I got mt Mrs (nurse) to check my barse after my run because it was so sore:oops:

Any good online training plans you would reccomend?

In English?
I got mt Mrs (nurse) to check my barse after my run because it was so sore:oops:

Any good online training plans you would reccomend?

The bit between your bum and balls.

I have been using one from the London Marathon magazine. It is aimed at lazy bastards who just want to get round and don't care too much about their time.

The bit between your bum and balls.

I have been using one from the London Marathon magazine. It is aimed at lazy bastards who just want to get round and don't care too much about their time.

The medical term for that is 'barse' - the bit between balls and arse.

Will look up that lazy bastard one, sounds perfect!

Don't think so. It's an app on my blackberry. Thinking of getting a Garmin. Fancy the 310xt. Hows your 110?

Does everything I need and very simple, very accurarate and locks on fairly quickly. For less than £100 (without HRM) it's a bargain. Apart from time, HR, pace, speed, KM/Miles, laps what else do you need?

Did about 13 miles today, with a hill session thrown in at about 10 miles for good measure. Unfortunately the hil is on the route of my marathon in 5 weeks :cry:

Felt a lot better today than I have done for a couple of weeks. Pain in my knee virtually gone.

22-ish miles next weekend will be my longest before the marathon. Bring it on.

Just started running with a running club - pretty much all over-40s. And they talk about running LOTS. Shoes, gear, events, training, distances. But they NEVER, EVER talk about times and PBs. Is it a bit like talking about how much you earn? Are you considered a show-off if you do?

Just started running with a running club - pretty much all over-40s. And they talk about running LOTS. Shoes, gear, events, training, distances. But they NEVER, EVER talk about times and PBs. Is it a bit like talking about how much you earn? Are you considered a show-off if you do?

dont know im not in a running club you will have to ask them, i quite like posting time and distances and seeing what others are doing.

Me too. It's quite nice to come on here and share without being judged, so I wasn't judging.

i just read my message aswell i hope it did not sound arsey as it was not ment like that, i enjoy seeing new runners post there times and distances and keep improving there speed and distances, good luck everyone and keep posting and sharing

i just read my message aswell i hope it did not sound arsey as it was not ment like that, i enjoy seeing new runners post there times and distances and keep improving there speed and distances, good luck everyone and keep posting and sharing

No probs, mate. By the way, looks like we would be neck and neck in a race! 1hr25 for 11.3 and 1hr38 for 13.1 are pretty close. You training for anything?

Last edited:
No probs, mate. By the way, looks like we would be neck and neck in a race! 1hr25 for 11.3 and 1hr38 for 13.1 are pretty close. You training for anything?

not training for anything this year but i fancy doing a marathon in the future, ive just finished playing football due to fracturing and dislocating my shoulder in the same fall and fancied getting back into running, i am doing the sunderland 10k next month but im only doing it for the medal and running with a friend to help him around, how about you teejay you training for anything our plans for the future??? and them times are very close i dont usualy run that far and hit a wall at 9mile think i will go slower next time and try to get to the 13.1

Anyone know of any "starter" triathlons locally ?? I know Seaham and Peterlee have had them in the past but cant see any details for this year.

not training for anything this year but i fancy doing a marathon in the future, ive just finished playing football due to fracturing and dislocating my shoulder in the same fall and fancied getting back into running, i am doing the sunderland 10k next month but im only doing it for the medal and running with a friend to help him around, how about you teejay you training for anything our plans for the future??? and them times are very close i dont usualy run that far and hit a wall at 9mile think i will go slower next time and try to get to the 13.1

Nah, I'm 40 later this year and fancied doing a marathon to celebrate - mebbes something in Italy like the Venice marathon. Keep those times a-coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back