Rumour- Bolton interested in Sunderland striker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the lad and he is quite happy being paid good money for another couple of seasons.

Just had his first kid so the drinking rumours are a load of shite. Yeah he likes a drink like a lout of young blokes do but nothing as outrageous as suggested

What would you do? Be paid 40k per week for next two seasons or go for 10k per week for 3 years somewhere? 99% would stay where they are

I dont think anyone blames him. Its SAFCs lack of local knowledge that the fingers being pointed at.

So you honestly think it's as simple as signing poor players?

I'm not saying it's neccessarily off-field problems.....a lot of it is down to players not being psychologically robust. Lots of companies employ checks to find out whether a potential employee has the mental tools to successfully do whatever role he's applied for.....and that might be for a £50k/year job. We throw upwards of £10m at individuals with seemingly only the most cursory of checks.

Most of it is signing poor quality, poorly scouted and poorly suited players. Very little of it, if much at all, comes down to potential problems in the background.

I agree on the physcologically robust comment, as a lot of our signings come from supposed 'lesser' clubs and then have to face bigger, more demanding crowds and more expectation, but then barring sounding out a few people who have worked with those players and speaking to them, how do you determine whether they will or will not adapt? It's little different from signing players from different leagues and different levels, until they're here you just don't know. It's still a chance and I don't see how Graham comes into this category at all.

Its SAFCs lack of local knowledge that the fingers being pointed at.

Quite wrongly too IMO. It's not as if he rolled up and just decided to go on holiday. Swansea wanted rid as he wasn't really up to it, he came here and we realised we'd bought a paceless, lower level striker who had hit a decent streak in a Swansea side, which had bundles of pace in a system creating loads of chances. He scored 14 goals in 39 games overall for Swansea first season and the second season 7 goals in 23, with 6 of those goals being in the cup. So basically one season in his career he hit 12 goals in 36 Premiership games, the next it was 3 goals in 18 and we wonder why after 12 he didn't do much here in a side barely scoring?

Last edited:
ten grand a month on a wage bill of around £5 million a month............not exactly worth it is it............
The sad reality of modern football when we dismiss ten grand (nearly 100 over while season) as worthless. That could employ two academy coaches. Keep a couple of low wage employees like cleaner / grounds in work. Every penny counts I say.

Plus I was being obtuse, I w assume Bolton would pay more than £2k...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back