Rolling monthly discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well as I said mate, I have PTGui which is pretty good and I don't mind stitching for people if its helps. I'm no expert mind, the one I successfully did still didn't have enough reference points so had to do it by eye. Looks OK mind.

That Autostitch I found is pretty idiot proof.

Main problem I had is it looked no better than an ordinary photo, you must need a top notch portrait lens to do this well.

:lol::lol: i'm stiching the other two atm like....[DOUBLEPOST=1393090333][/DOUBLEPOST]@peachbum whats the largest file size the gallery will hold? I've chopped it right back to 3.2mb and its still too big......It was 1.2GB in TIFF format!

Last edited:
How so? is he out bridge hunting or summit?
I meant Ross

Fair play to him, he fronted up quickly and bamboozled Andy with a quickly thought out bit of storytelling ;)

You know there's no bridges in Merseyside. pointless looking innit

It looks like you need a fast 85mm lens to do this. My 14-42mm (24-84mm equivalent) is f5.6 at 42mm so going to give this a miss.

It looks like you need a fast 85mm lens to do this. My 14-42mm (24-84mm equivalent) is f5.6 at 42mm so going to give this a miss.
yer admittedly you were fighting an uphill battle. Bokeh is needed so focal length, f-stop and sensor size all count. Didn't really think of others equipment when I set it.

yer admittedly you were fighting an uphill battle. Bokeh is needed so focal length, f-stop and sensor size all count. Didn't really think of others equipment when I set it.

I suppose you could frig the bokeh with lens blur filter in Photoshop, but that's defeating the point of the challenge.

Notice it's stopped raining since minky chose the april theme :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back