Roadhouse remake

When he was asking if they had medical and dental insurance it was painful. Then he give them a lift to the hospital which made it shockingly bad.

I haven't seen Jake Ghyllenhal in many films tbh, but it was like watching his Donnie Darko character play a bouncer.

We watched it last night anarl, thought it was a proper good hammy acting action fillum like they used to make back in the day, bloke from Narco's did quite a good turn as the comedy value too.

Exactly my thoughts.

A throwback to proper 80s cheese fest action films like commando.

I throughly enjoyed it :lol:
We watched it last night anarl, thought it was a proper good hammy acting action fillum like they used to make back in the day, bloke from Narco's did quite a good turn as the comedy value too.

This! Just switch off the 'Barry Norman' mode along with comparing it to the original and forget about everything else and watch it without trying to be critical.

On a side note, the problem with movies now is that 'most' things have been done in some way. Whereas back in the 80s the movie industry was evolving and we got many 'classics' of all kinds. These days it's more of a rarity and if you've seen plenty of movies then 'boredom' will have set in along with nostalgia. It's like most things, it just gets less entertaining over the years when you see enough of it. That along with the vast amount of stuff to watch.

Even so, the young 'uns of today won't end up having as many fond memories as the oldies do about older movies as the originality and 'shock' factor has been exhausted considerably. The same can be said about music I suppose as again there's not as many songs that will last in the memories of people and again there's just loads of it.

Watched this last night, McGregor is abysmal, thought lots of the fight scenes looked well off like done with CGI bit like a computer game, 3/10

Back