Restaurant Week picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if there's already been a thread on this but not seen one.

Other than yamming down a pork and stuffing bun on the way to or back from (or sometimes both :oops:) the match, I very rarely eat out in Sunderland. But have noticed that Restaurant Week is on and might give one of these a go after the game on Saturday.

The list is massive though, anyone got any tips on which are the best to choose from? Ideally based in the centre as that's where I'll be drinking. Here's the full list

http://www.experienceithere.co.uk/offers/restaurant-week?page=1

ta!

Other than yamming down a pork and stuffing bun on the way to or back from (or sometimes both :oops:) the match, I very rarely eat out in Sunderland. But have noticed that Restaurant Week is on and might give one of these a go after the game on Saturday.

The list is massive though, anyone got any tips on which are the best to choose from? Ideally based in the centre as that's where I'll be drinking. Here's the full list

ta!
Am booked in to Barnett's Friday night. Only heard good things about the place like.

D'acqua every time.
I was actually looking at that one as it's one of the first in list and the menu looks great. Unfortunately it looks like they don't offer it on Saturdays & Sundays :(

Am booked in to Barnett's Friday night. Only heard good things about the place like.
Saw scallops on the menu and got involved :p And you're right, the reviews for it are great.

Cheers for the tip.

Last edited:
I was actually looking at that one as it's one of the first in list and the menu looks great. Unfortunately it looks like they don't offer it on Saturdays & Sundays :(

Saw scallops on the menu and got involved :p And you're right, the reviews for it are great.

Cheers for the tip.

Was in the other night - it was pretty full. The scallops were a bit on the cold side but everything else was spot on (belly pork & chicken supreme with prawns were excellent), the serving staff were excellent, they've just got a drinks licence, so the wine list was a bit limited but this will be rectified soon I was told. Three courses for £15 - a solid 8/10.

I'm gonna give Divino's a go soon. Heard good things on here so will have to check it out for myself!
Decent food but if you partake in one of the evening deals don't take them up on coffee afterwards or they'll shaft you.

ta!

D'Aqua

Never realised you were such a hard done by moaner mind marra. :lol:
I've been really unlucky with restaurants in Sunderland, I'll tell you. Holy Smokes gave me the shits, this place upgraded my evening meal deal to include my coffee which made the pizza plus coffee combo more expensive than if I'd bought them separately. Bad business practice that but the manager was having none of it. Worth complaining about if you ask me.

And you've seen my complaining on the football field so you shouldn't too surprised, surely! ;)

I've been really unlucky with restaurants in Sunderland, I'll tell you. Holy Smokes gave me the shits, this place upgraded my evening meal deal to include my coffee which made the pizza plus coffee combo more expensive than if I'd bought them separately. Bad business practice that but the manager was having none of it. Worth complaining about if you ask me.
I blame you myself like. There's only one common denominator in all this. ;)

I blame you myself like. Ye the only common denominator. ;)
I was nothing but sweetness and light during that visit - until the end! If a place underperforms and doesn't put it right, especially when you raise the issue, the only way to hit them nowadays is by reviewing them on TripAdvisor where the accusations are more lasting.

I was nothing but sweetness and light during that visit - until the end! If a place underperforms and doesn't put it right, especially when you raise the issue, the only way to hit them nowadays is by reviewing them on TripAdvisor where the accusations are more lasting.
The place in Hong Kong did nothig wrong IMO.

I disagree. I think bad mouthing a company to the outside world based on one "bad" experience is bad form imo. I just wouldn't go back and if someone asked me my opinion of the place I'd just explain what happened at the time.

The place in Hong Kong did nothig wrong IMO.
You're entitled to your opinion. Im not going to lose sleep because so anonymous person on the internet doesn't agree with me. I wasn't referring to that in the post anyway, mind.

I disagree. I think bad mouthing a company to the outside world based on one "bad" experience is bad form imo. I just wouldn't go back and if someone asked me my opinion of the place I'd just explain what happened at the time.
We'll agree to disagree. In my opinion if I raise the issue with the manger and he refuses to put it right I'm well within my rights to raise it for other people.

It just brings into question your reviews of other establishments.
I couldn't care less what you think about it, to be honest. Just as I can write the review, you can choose to ignore it if you so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back