Remove decision making from premiership refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are expecting a 4th official to be looking at 2-3 tv screens at once to determine fouls, throw ins, corners, penaltys, sending offs, fouls, side on looks for offisides (as you have no linesmen on the pitch) without the need of replays and in a split second relay a message down the a person on the pitch to stop the game? My guess is he will have that much to do he will make more fuck ups than whats happening now

Also your claim that you dont call refs names is a joke of a thing to say, you have done nowt but abuse them the past day. Also the ever so great Mike Dean who you continue to praise to the hilt has made a load of fuck ups but you seem to accept this for some reason? Out of interest how many of Mike Deans game have you seen that season?

Really cant believe I am having this debate, its a utter clusterfuck of a idea:lol: Does it not concern you that not one other poster has backed you up on this idea?

Yeah that is the whole point mate,there will be plenty and I mean plenty of fans who think Mike Dean is shit nothing is more sure and why?

Because he will have made plenty mistakes against their side as that is how fans judge refs decisions against their side,not their actually ability

Mike Dean has been a ref for several years yet has been overlooked for Champions League etc in favour of other refs regularly by the experts who have every performance at their fingertips,yet for some unknown reason @wicketkeeper thinks he knows better than these experts.

It is laughable how he considers himself a expert on which refs are good and bad with the tiny information and tiny knowledge he has on their performances.

For goodness sake it was embarassing and Oliver should hang his head in shame when he sees that . Monk got it right when he said it was 'a disgrace'

Everyone gets things wrong but some of the decisions recently are beyond inept

Absolutely disgraceful thing to say that,everybody makes mistakes it happens every week hang his head in shame for what,making a honest mistake.

The only person hanging their head in shame should be Moses for clearly cheating,in any other sport for example cricket if a players cheats by trying to claim a catch that isn't,does the umpire get the blame for not spotting it no,the player does for cheating,yet in football a player cheats so ref gets the blame total bullshit.

As for you quoting Garry Monk to back up for view that proves what a shit poster you are,I guarantee beyond any doubt if his player dived he would have had a different view,just like that wanker Mark Hughes who came out and said it was a pen and a push on Moses.

To believe what a football manager says on a refs decision is correct is beyond belief.

Did you see Stokes penalty yesterday. It is the equivalent of a year 11 getting 1+1 wrong[/QUOTE]

:lol: Stupidest comment/comparison I have ever read on this board

Last edited:

I have a solution to the continued inept refereeing in the premiership. Whenever supporters on here complain about the inept performances of Marriner and Friend Red and White Rob and Voice of Fair Play claim the job is too difficult and there are no solutions.

Okay then lets remove decision making from refs if it is too difficult for them. They are already miked up so let someone with the benefit of tv -replays etc. make the decisions and they just manage the game. Removing accusations of bias at a stroke and ensuring correct decisions.

As Rob himself has said on this forum he predicts refereeing mistakes will be made this weekend.

I contend there is now too much at stake to have games decided on a lottery.
Premier League ffs

Yeah that is the whole point mate,there will be plenty and I mean plenty of fans who think Mike Dean is shit nothing is more sure and why?

Because he will have made plenty mistakes against their side as that is how fans judge refs decisions against their side,not their actually ability

Mike Dean has been a ref for several years yet has been overlooked for Champions League etc in favour of other refs regularly by the experts who have every performance at their fingertips,yet for some unknown reason @wicketkeeper thinks he knows better than these experts.

It is laughable how he considers himself a expert on which refs are good and bad with the tiny information and tiny knowledge he has on their performances.

Absolutely disgraceful thing to say that,everybody makes mistakes it happens every week hang his head in shame for what,making a honest mistake.

The only person hanging their head in shame should be Moses for clearly cheating,in any other sport for example cricket if a players cheats by trying to claim a catch that isn't,does the umpire get the blame for not spotting it no,the player does for cheating,yet in football a player cheats so ref gets the blame total bullshit.

As for you quoting Garry Monk to back up for view that proves what a shit poster you are,I guarantee beyond any doubt if his player dived he would have had a different view,just like that wanker Mark Hughes who came out and said it was a pen and a push on Moses.

To believe what a football manager says on a refs decision is correct is beyond belief.

Did you see Stokes penalty yesterday. It is the equivalent of a year 11 getting 1+1 wrong

:lol: Stupidest comment/comparison I have ever read on this board[/QUOTE]

Sorry but if you think that was a good decision then you should go to spec savers -join the queue behind Oliver

I have a solution to the continued inept refereeing in the premiership. Whenever supporters on here complain about the inept performances of Marriner and Friend Red and White Rob and Voice of Fair Play claim the job is too difficult and there are no solutions.

Okay then lets remove decision making from refs if it is too difficult for them. They are already miked up so let someone with the benefit of tv -replays etc. make the decisions and they just manage the game. Removing accusations of bias at a stroke and ensuring correct decisions.

As Rob himself has said on this forum he predicts refereeing mistakes will be made this weekend.

:lol:

Like I said before horses will still die in the Grand National doesnt mean you shouldn't do what you can to reduce that possibility.
You are of course spot on when you say that there will be occasions when the man on the field may be in a better position but these will be rare.
With regard to offsides it would not be beyond technology to ensure that their are sufficient cameras in the right position to judge this.
In fact far from having more linesman I believe it would be possible for them to be done away with all together -after all apart form offsides they make no other decisions.

Lastly I have never ever said that a referee is incompetent or inept because they dont get 100% decisions correct. I am on record as being an admirer of Mike Dean even though he makes mistakes because he is brave and is not afraid to make big decisions . What I take issue with are the basic and serious mistakes that referees make. The Brown sending off, the Fletcher penalty, the Altidore goal disallowed and no sending off. Or their blatant cowardice giving free kicks outside the box then ignoring the same offence when it happens in the box. Not sending off big name players - I am sure you can remember Gary Neville not being sent off in one of his last games for two of the most blatant yellow cards you would ever see. Changing their stories to fit their decisions.ie sending a player of for one thing then giving another reason whe they realise they are wrong
Could you explain how these offside decisions will work?

In your scenario you have one man watching:

a) The first attacker playing the ball
b) The second attacker making the run
c) The position of the last defender
d) All of the other players to check if there are any fouls off the ball, late tackles on either attacker, etc

.... All at the same time, in real time, in a split second on a TV screen

To be fair I'm sure Bong Eye Lee Ryder would be up for the job but for the rest of us with two normal eyes?

How would the producer know to switch to that TV angle?

Cheers in advance

:lol: Stupidest comment/comparison I have ever read on this board

Sorry but if you think that was a good decision then you should go to spec savers -join the queue behind Oliver[/QUOTE]

Nobody said it was a good decision it was when you said it was the same as a 11 year old getting 1 and 1 wrong.

That is the stupid comparison I have heard ,a 11 year old would very rarely get that wrong,where as refs make mistakes every single week.

What you fail to grasp is the game is too fast and the players are too good at cheating for the human eye not to make these mistakes,all available evidence shows this every week yet as I say you fail to grasp that concept.

The fact you have a go at the ref for that decision without any mention of Moses cheating is exactly why football is looked on badly by other sports.

The responsibility for Stoke getting that incorrect pen should lie squarely with Moses for cheating not the ref.

As I say in other sport a player would be blamed for cheating in football we blame the ref.

Sorry but if you think that was a good decision then you should go to spec savers -join the queue behind Oliver

Nobody said it was a good decision it was when you said it was the same as a 11 year old getting 1 and 1 wrong.

That is the stupid comparison I have heard ,a 11 year old would very rarely get that wrong,where as refs make mistakes every single week.

What you fail to grasp is the game is too fast and the players are too good at cheating for the human eye not to make these mistakes,all available evidence shows this every week yet as I say you fail to grasp that concept.

The fact you have a go at the ref for that decision without any mention of Moses cheating is exactly why football is looked on badly by other sports.

The responsibility for Stoke getting that incorrect pen should lie squarely with Moses for cheating not the ref.

As I say in other sport a player would be blamed for cheating in football we blame the ref.[/QUOTE]

I agree both are to blame

because they ha
If refs cant do there jobs properly who is to say the 4th official can?
ve the advantage of o slow momtion replay - it's not rocket science (for crucial decisions only) virtually every other major sport has it and it would hopefully curb the excess egos of referees like Mariner etc

Very good point that.

That's is the reason why people should understand bad decisions,if people cannot decided 48 hours later,what chance has a ref got to decide he does not even have 48 seconds to make that decision.

By saying mistakes will be made is not saying refs are not up to the job,quite the opposite it is saying that mistakes are inevitable because of difficulty of the job and previous evidence of these mistakes,there is a massive difference

It is not a pathetic defences of referees at all,it is the fact he has watched football for years and years and nothing is more sure that mistakes will happen.

Some good points there mate especially the one where you say the Fletcher incident pen or not was split.

As some on here especially @wicketkeeper would have us believe it was the most blatant decision you will ever see and that Marriner should be hung out to dry because of it.

The problem is and always will be mate is that some fans think they are experts on the standard of a ref,when the bottom line is how they decide it is not unbiased and based of very little information, the reason Sunderland fans think Marriner and Friend are no good is because of decisions made against Sunderland,Another club will think other refs are worst in the league because of decisions made against their club,both fans can't be right
ok - i accept your point but what about the season in Reid's reign (sorry can't remember the exact year - the decisision against Sunderland (*esp Penalties) were...OUTRAGEOUS! As i understood it the head of theReferees Asociation actually apologiged to SAFC for a lot of of incorrect descisions - i still firmly beleive that referees are 'swayed' by high profile clubs and players we need independant and more importantly...IMPARTIAL JUDGEMENT

Last edited:
because they ha

ve the advantage of o slow momtion replay - it's not rocket science (for crucial decisions only) virtually every other major sport has it and it would hopefully curb the excess egos of referees like Mariner etc

ok - i accept your point but what about the season in Reid's reign (sorry can't remember the exact year - the decisision against Sunderland (*esp Penalties) were...OUTRAGEOUS! As i understood it the head of theReferees Asociation actually apologiged to SAFC for a lot of of incorrect descisions - i still firmly beleive that referees are 'swayed' by high profile clubs and players we need independant and more importantly...IMPARTIAL JUDGEMENT
Do you not think refereeing has improved since then though? Reid left 12 years ago, back then you had dickheads like Poll, Barber, Rennie and Jeff f***ing Winter who were just absolute wankers but they've long gone. I think refereeing has improved even since we were promoted - we were regularly fucked over in the first season back up and I'd be shocked if Keane's reputation wasn't part of that, but I really don't get the outrage over refs these days.

I don't think referees are biased or that they favour the big teams, but subconsciously it must play on their mind that a mistake against a shit team at the bottom of the league won't be picked up on because they'd probably lose anyway, whereas the media focus everything on the top teams and absolutely savage them if they get anything wrong. You will never ever solve that though unless you employ robots. Who's fault is it anyway - the referee for being human or the no mark players that try to con them at every opportunity several times over every single game, and managers like Mourinho and Ferguson before that who hound and patronise them whether they get it right or wrong? Probably both, but diving and cheating is almost accepted unless it's a serial offender whereas referees are criticised regardless (Allardyce slated the ref for "guessing" the other week, despite him getting the decision spot on). That's wrong imo.

The mentalist OP keeps bleating on about heart operations and car crashes, would the police not be a better comparison? They should definitely be accountable when they get something badly wrong but people usually add the context that's a high pressured job often under provocation from dickheads and absolute scum. Nobody ever says that about refs other than Jamie Redknapp's token line before he goes on to slate them.

Yeah can certainly see your point and if everybody just held their hands up and said fair enough refs make mistakes and moved on would agree with you.

However too many people calling refs cheats,biased etc and do not appreciate how difficult it is therefore I have now come round to thinking refs need help to get these decisions right as it is simply too hard for them
I accept the only human argument but that penalty decision last week was just total ineptitude.

With regards to heavy use of technology when would it apply. Would you want the game stopped for every slight tug of a shirt, gentle push, free kick taken from exactly the right place. While its the only way to eradicate the mistakes that you refer to it would make football a far worse spectacle.

Also If we are relegated what will your solution be to the inevitable refereeing mistakes in the championship?

good responce to my post but.. i do still think that refereesa are biased towards the ' so-called' bigger sides - your 3rd paragrapgh indeed supports my argument
but subconsciously it must play on their mind that a mistake against a shit team at the bottom of the league won't be picked up on
enough said

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/thread...-premiership-refs.981520/page-6#ixzz3H7BH3apk

Why is it that fans of these bigger clubs say there are also fucked over.

You claim to know a lot about refs and the there performances. Do you sit down and analysis every game there do? Or do you base your opinion on Sunderland games and the games you watch on the tele?

Vast majority of football fans are biased arseholes who forget decisions that go for them in a instance of remember the ones that go against them forever. For instance no matter what marriner or Atkinson do ineevery other game they do they will always be remembered by Sunderland fans for a certain few bad decisions

Every person on the pitch gets away with making mistakes as it's part of the game apart from refs who are hounded for being cheats and incompetent arseholes

With regards to heavy use of technology when would it apply. Would you want the game stopped for every slight tug of a shirt, gentle push, free kick taken from exactly the right place. While its the only way to eradicate the mistakes that you refer to it would make football a far worse spectacle.

Also If we are relegated what will your solution be to the inevitable refereeing mistakes in the championship?

Read the whole thread marra, beggars belief what his proposals are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back