Really old games you still play from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've just been playing (well, wasted much of a three day holiday on) Half-Life 2. Never played it back in the day and it's fantastic.

I have Black Mesa Source cued up next....the original cost hours of my teenage years. Can't wait to have another crack at it.

theres a hd version on xbox360 arcade.
your welcome

Its shit, though.

The Mega Drive was the best version outside of the original Amiga.

I've just been playing (well, wasted much of a three day holiday on) Half-Life 2. Never played it back in the day and it's fantastic.

I have Black Mesa Source cued up next....the original cost hours of my teenage years. Can't wait to have another crack at it.

Same here mate - loved HL1 and became a Counter Strike addict for a decade.

But gave up on HL2 about 10 % in and never got round to playing it again. But about 6 months back, I got HL2 and the 2 episodes for next to nowt on Steam. And by god was I missing out. Amazong.

I played Black Mesa first, to get me back into it its canny, deffo worth a play through.

Moon cresta used to own orginal table top arcade of this! Now play it on my arcade machine with mame installed

Same here mate - loved HL1 and became a Counter Strike addict for a decade.

But gave up on HL2 about 10 % in and never got round to playing it again. But about 6 months back, I got HL2 and the 2 episodes for next to nowt on Steam. And by god was I missing out. Amazong.

I played Black Mesa first, to get me back into it its canny, deffo worth a play through.

I clocked it yesterday, the last two episodes are as great a finish to a game as you'll see.

Started Black Mesa straight after. :lol: The metro ride into 'work' brought back some memories like!

I clocked it yesterday, the last two episodes are as great a finish to a game as you'll see.

Started Black Mesa straight after. :lol: The metro ride into 'work' brought back some memories like!

Oh I played the 2 episodes straightaway.

The ride in is great on the original. I remember at the time (97ish?) when we were used to FMV cut scenes like that - and that moment when you realised that it wasn't a video, but the actual game!

Oh I played the 2 episodes straightaway.

The ride in is great on the original. I remember at the time (97ish?) when we were used to FMV cut scenes like that - and that moment when you realised that it wasn't a video, but the actual game!

I'll have to see if I can 'acquire' the two episodes. Trouble is, I bought a Macbook Pro thinking I'd outgrown all this shite just to find I was very, very wrong, and that makes acquiring games much harder! :lol:

I love two things about the game in particular - the cut scene bit that you mention and finding out what's going on just from what other people are saying and doing rather than having some cinematic story that makes it all easy.

Reactions: PTR
Well that was depressing

I have came to the conclusion that present gen games are too easy and that is why I have just put my snes emulator on and couldn't get passed level 1 on super ghouls and ghosts

At least I managed level 3 on axelay so managed to squeeze in some decent music

Well that was depressing

I have came to the conclusion that present gen games are too easy and that is why I have just put my snes emulator on and couldn't get passed level 1 on super ghouls and ghosts

At least I managed level 3 on axelay so managed to squeeze in some decent music
Ghouls and Ghost is intense. Axelay is groovy as fuck. ;)

Ghouls and Ghost is intense. Axelay is groovy as fuck. ;)
Can't remember it being that intense although I don't remember completing it

Still love axelay though, probably would have kept playing it but it was getting a bit glitchy

Seems I'm only able to complete RPGs on snes now so I'll probably have to play chrono trigger at some point

Can't remember it being that intense although I don't remember completing it

Still love axelay though, probably would have kept playing it but it was getting a bit glitchy

Seems I'm only able to complete RPGs on snes now so I'll probably have to play chrono trigger at some point
I own a physical Japanese copy of Chrono Trigger. Picked up for 50p at a Japanese flea market! Couldn't believe it! What emulator are you running Axelay on? Newest version of ZSnes destroys it but older versions run it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back