PS4 or XBOX ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangmackem

Central Defender
Looking at getting kids new games console for xmas one has the xbox 360 one has PS3 but gonna get one of these any pros and cons would be welcome

FTM

As before, XBOX for Online Gaming, PS4 for proper gaming.

It's usually driven by what all of their friends have got, nothing worse than being the only kid with a PS4 when all of the others have got XBox Ones. Bit like back in the day when everybody had an Amiga and somebody has an Atari ST.

Only time I have ever went against this is when all of the kids had Sega Saturns and I went and bought a PS1 for the step-kids. They were getting all sorts of stick from the other kids who were sharing games and one know it all was arguing away giving all sorts of reasons why the Sega was better, the step-kids were disappointed when they got a PS1. I said stick with it and you will see that I am right, lo and behold the Sega died and one by one their friends moved across to the PS1.

As before, XBOX for Online Gaming, PS4 for proper gaming.

It's usually driven by what all of their friends have got, nothing worse than being the only kid with a PS4 when all of the others have got XBox Ones. Bit like back in the day when everybody had an Amiga and somebody has an Atari ST.

Only time I have ever went against this is when all of the kids had Sega Saturns and I went and bought a PS1 for the step-kids. They were getting all sorts of stick from the other kids who were sharing games and one know it all was arguing away giving all sorts of reasons why the Sega was better, the step-kids were disappointed when they got a PS1. I said stick with it and you will see that I am right, lo and behold the Sega died and one by one their friends moved across to the PS1.
Much of a muchness now. You only have to look at the mess that was the Halo Master Chief Collection to see that they both have their problems with online releases these days.

Only played a ps4 for 5 mins. Fifa 15 is f***ing shite tho

If it's just the one then xbox all day long as its the better all round console.

a lot of people who had an xbox 360 have bought ps4, so ps4 seems to be the smart choice.
because they were £100 cheaper and microsoft dropped a bollock by threatening to kill the second hand market

The difference between the two consoles is less than any other games console generation. Both are based on exactly the same processor running the same operation, (ie x86 the same as PCS). Both run a similar graphics chip by AMD. Both have 8GB of ram, but the difference is the XBone uses DDR3 which is cheaper and slower than the PS4's GDDR5. The XBone does have 32mb of memory on the processor which in theory makes up the performance difference but programmers are reluctant to use it and its more work for them.

So in reality the console to pick is the ones your mates have so you can play online against them if you want. If you have no mates or aren't playing online then get the XBone as it has much better media features.

You have to pay to play online for both consoles now so the argument for the PS3 having free online play over the xbox360 payment, no longer applies.

Whatever his mates have got. Other than going close up and thinking 'there isn't enough blades of grass in that field as PS4 or shit, I can't make out Joe Hardpig's lapels like I can on PS4' there isn't that much difference.

Both the same tbh, I prefer Xbox one control pad and thats reason I got xbox. Just go with what best controls are for you IMO

Ps4 now has share play and remote play features which may prove useful for the young un's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back