Premier League bubble about to burst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope something happens but I wont be holding my breath. Its a piss take that we have to pay an absolute fortune to watch our own league with a shite selection of matches where many foreign countries a) pay considerably less and b) get a much wider choice of games. Its time to do away with the Saturday 3pm blackout, its outdated, give proper choice and do it for a fair price, instead of introducing "competition" which will just end up meaning more costs - Sky is expensive as it is, BT is reasonable for now but its got CL football so they'll bump it up soon. That's not competition for the benefit of the consumer, its taking the f***ing piss.

The bubble has been going to burst since 1993. Still the most watched league in the World and getting bigger. This seasons additions, Falcoa, Costa, Sanchez, Di Maria and Ballotelli.

Something needs to change with the licencing like the amount of televised games are horrendous and always geared to the 'big' clubs.

Wouldn't mind if all Sunderland games were broadcast live on the club site for a addition to season tickets

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29427511

Say Ofcom made Sky knock £20 off their subscription costs, wouldn't that greatly effect profit margins and thus the cost of future TV deals would drop in value and therefore severe cost cuttings for Premier League football clubs?
I was thinking the same when it was announced that virginmedia are basically complaining about the cost of the rights. If they pay less then the clubs will get less

It's weird how the Premier league is so popular overseas.

I couldn't give a fuck about Spanish / Italian / French footy.
they wouldn't give a shite if it wasn't full of foreigners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back