Poyet wants four new players by next Wednesday latest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This ain't Football manager where you bid for somebody and it takes 4 days for the other club to get back to you-you can negotiate for an hour and have a deal agreed, some may take longer but we are taking the piss!!

Yes, yes I can.
So where have you read that real life is like football manager then?

I put in football manager it takes ages to agree something like a fee.
In real life it can take as early as an hour, maybe more, etc to agree a fee/deal.

So where have you read that real life is like football manager then?

I put in football manager it takes ages to agree something like a fee.
In real life it can take as early as an hour, maybe more, etc to agree a fee/deal.
Always a sound basis for an argument, the FM comparison. I'm in agreement things look a bit grim - is Tonton Zola Moukoko available?

(Edit: not the poster of the same name.)

Actually, he doesn't sound very happy about this does he?

Not to worry, the non bedwetters are happy to wait until the last week and see what is left on the shelf for us to try and get as loaners (apparently). Gus is obviously a bedwetter too.

Naturally, I hope something comes of the Borini discussions, and I am pleased with the Van Aanholt signing, but he is not proven in the PL, and comes with significant defensive frailties to offset his attacking ones. Given O'Shea and Brown are not the fastest, and are unlikely to have sped up for next season, are we relying on Roberge to back them up?

We are yet to see the evidence that the club is being well run in my opinion. I'll be happy to revise my opinion in due course, depending on any future additions but it doesn't look like we are giving the manager the best opportunity to succeed or the fans value for money at present.

Not to worry, the non bedwetters are happy to wait until the last week and see what is left on the shelf for us to try and get as loaners (apparently). Gus is obviously a bedwetter too.

Naturally, I hope something comes of the Borini discussions, and I am pleased with the Van Aanholt signing, but he is not proven in the PL, and comes with significant defensive frailties to offset his attacking ones. Given O'Shea and Brown are not the fastest, and are unlikely to have sped up for next season, are we relying on Roberge to back them up?

We are yet to see the evidence that the club is being well run in my opinion. I'll be happy to revise my opinion in due course, depending on any future additions but it doesn't look like we are giving the manager the best opportunity to succeed or the fans value for money at present.
Nothing anybody on here can do about it, marra.

Yes, I'd imagine it is very hard to sign somebody that wants to leave that club and join ours, that his current club is happy to sell and our manager wants to sign. Fuck me it must be tough to negotiate a deal in 30+ days. This ain't Football manager where you bid for somebody and it takes 4 days for the other club to get back to you-you can negotiate for an hour and have a deal agreed, some may take longer but we are taking the piss!!

People on this board need to wake up and f***ing fast!

I would agree with you if it was the end of August not the end of July.

Now even though Gus is voicing his concerns there's "bedwetting" and "grow up" been tossed around ... Jesus the blind faith of some people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back